2000 NBS Blue Steel Burban Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
:happy175: You cheeky devil you.

And hopefully no trimming required. Classic IIIs have the recesses on the back, measured them before hand, 0.6” depth so with 1.25” spacers we are at 1.85” of clearance for the studs.

How long are the studs?

OP
OP
00'BlueSteel

00'BlueSteel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How long are the studs?

Never measured them so I dont know the exact length. But 1.75” spacers fit without trimming the studs so they have to be shorter than 1.75”. I just went with that, might have to grind the ends down at most.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Never measured them so I dont know the exact length. But 1.75” spacers fit without trimming the studs so they have to be shorter than 1.75”. I just went with that, might have to grind the ends down at most.

Next time I have a wheel off, I'll have to measure how deep my indents are. I know recently @Shaw520 went 1.5 with no trimming. He had indents, too.

OP
OP
00'BlueSteel

00'BlueSteel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Next time I have a wheel off, I'll have to measure how deep my indents are. I know recently @Shaw520 went 1.5 with no trimming. He had indents, too.

Yeah I just focused on keeping spacer + indent over 1.75” since that what everyone says clears without trimming. Kind of dumb of me to not just measure the stud when I put the 2” spacers on a couple weeks ago.

I wont get around to it anytime soon though, I have a wedding to attend in Michigan this weekend we fly out Friday, but I am also still waiting to find out what’s wrong with abdomen from the doctors, had my ultrasound this morning wait on results. and now on top of all that I need to fix the P0303 code and I gotta fix it fast this is my one and only daily vehicle.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Yeah I just focused on keeping spacer + indent over 1.75” since that what everyone says clears without trimming. Kind of dumb of me to not just measure the stud when I put the 2” spacers on a couple weeks ago.

I wont get around to it anytime soon though, I have a wedding to attend in Michigan this weekend we fly out Friday, but I am also still waiting to find out what’s wrong with abdomen from the doctors, had my ultrasound this morning wait on results. and now on top of all that I need to fix the P0303 code and I gotta fix it fast this is my one and only daily vehicle.
Good luck with the Dr.

OP
OP
00'BlueSteel

00'BlueSteel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welp not much has changed, just driving it at this point. Health is still up in the air and haven’t felt good lately. Hoping to work on it this weekend. In the meantime here’s some random photos.

Pretty much every morning at the end of my road I see the sunrise.
EBC5B4F4-7BAA-4CD0-9160-E49798FC7D03.jpeg

School went back Monday, let the indoctrination begin. Wish they’d just put them little ones on the bus and not clog up the roads with their stupidity.
0F94FD1B-BFC3-46DB-97FA-1312096843A7.jpeg

Back in my spot!
75C19B6A-9679-4326-95FF-FE491DB52B28.jpeg

VDV18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not that this helps either of you in any way shape or form, but I have 1" spacers on my wife's Denali and no trimming based on the cavities on the back of the rims.

OP
OP
00'BlueSteel

00'BlueSteel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not that this helps either of you in any way shape or form, but I have 1" spacers on my wife's Denali and no trimming based on the cavities on the back of the rims.

Dang thats definilty not the norm, I measured when I was planning it out and I should have around an 1/8” clearance with the 1.25” spacers and the indents in the back of the MT Classic IIIs. Still haven’t put them on yet though, lol

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Welp not much has changed, just driving it at this point. Health is still up in the air and haven’t felt good lately. Hoping to work on it this weekend. In the meantime here’s some random photos.

Pretty much every morning at the end of my road I see the sunrise.
View attachment 206272

School went back Monday, let the indoctrination begin. Wish they’d just put them little ones on the bus and not clog up the roads with their stupidity.
View attachment 206273

Back in my spot!
View attachment 206271
Don't play with your health man! I'm not trying to preach, but none of us are getting any younger. Take care of yourself.

OP
OP
00'BlueSteel

00'BlueSteel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't play with your health man! I'm not trying to preach, but none of us are getting any younger. Take care of yourself.

I hear ya bud, I’ve been seeing doctors almost ever week, we got some of it figured out but I’m having to take it easy until things get better. They think I slipped a rib and cause damage to the cartilage around my sternum. It’s not pleasant but I’ll take it over my gallbladder failing. Turns out stomach wise I’m fine other than a little heart burn here and there from eating junk.