2000 NBS Blue Steel Burban Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
00'BlueSteel

00'BlueSteel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got the alignment checked after turning the keys up for the new tires. It only effected the toe, caster is what it is with the lift setup like it is, and camber is the same as when it was originally aligned after the lift first went on. So turning the keys 8 turns only changed toe?! Huh strange to me but what do I know lol. I get that the tie rods aren’t long enough when you lift the front and that pulls the toe inward. But should the camber have changed? Also something the first guy didn’t catch was the steering wheel was off by one spline so he fixed that today as well. Drives pretty straight now, better than before, probably as good as it will get with 15.50s they like to follow the ruts.
99B0C3F4-08EE-4D27-9073-7DB1588B9B02.jpeg
08427A2B-82E1-47EF-9AD5-E642AE06C004.jpeg

Edit: P.S. Still waiting for the 1.25” front spacers to show up, Amp Research steps are next and then the body lift. Need steps before BL I’m not jumping any higher for my daily lol. Need a front drive shaft in there sometime as well and still need to install all the crap in the garage and Pm the HD hood. I think I found a body shop to go to just need to call and get some quotes and then go by and see some of their work before handing over my baby.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got the alignment checked after turning the keys up for the new tires. It only effected the toe, caster is what it is with the lift setup like it is, and camber is the same as when it was originally aligned after the lift first went on. So turning the keys 8 turns only changed toe?! Huh strange to me but what do I know lol. I get that the tie rods aren’t long enough when you lift the front and that pulls the toe inward. But should the camber have changed? Also something the first guy didn’t catch was the steering wheel was off by one spline so he fixed that today as well. Drives pretty straight now, better than before, probably as good as it will get with 15.50s they like to follow the ruts.
View attachment 204193
View attachment 204192

Edit: P.S. Still waiting for the 1.25” front spacers to show up, Amp Research steps are next and then the body lift. Need steps before BL I’m not jumping any higher for my daily lol. Need a front drive shaft in there sometime as well and still need to install all the crap in the garage and Pm the HD hood. I think I found a body shop to go to just need to call and get some quotes and then go by and see some of their work before handing over my baby.
Watch those heims if you not running any covers on them. One of mine developed a click and it was just enough to cause some bump steer, it doesn't seem to follow ruts as bad after new heims and boot covers on them. Your centerlink may be the weak link (pun intended) now lol with those big tires. It's probably flexing. Longer control arms would lessen the camber change with ride height adjustments. Think Tahoe trophy truck!

Trucks looking good and it seems to keep getting wider and higher lol..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
00'BlueSteel

00'BlueSteel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Watch those heims if you not running any covers on them. One of mine developed a click and it was just enough to cause some bump steer, it doesn't seem to follow ruts as bad after new heims and boot covers on them. Your centerlink may be the weak link (pun intended) now lol with those big tires. It's probably flexing. Longer control arms would lessen the camber change with ride height adjustments. Think Tahoe trophy truck!

Trucks looking good and it seems to keep getting wider and higher lol..

Thanks man, it does continue to grow. I don’t think it will ever stop. And I keep meaning to order those boots you linked for me, gotta do that soon.

I believe I have felt the something in the steering bending. Happened once or twice, always felt like it went back normal quickly. Alignments good so I’d say nothings bent permanently. I don’t really baby it, I actually thrash on it regularly. I’ve been checking my hubs,
ball joints, and bolts monthly and don’t see any unusual wear at this point. Ive looked at aftermarket center links, most say for racing applications not recommended for street use. I drive it 60+ miles everyday in traffic on two lane roads. I worried those would cause problems.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks man, it does continue to grow. I don’t think it will ever stop. And I keep meaning to order those boots you linked for me, gotta do that soon.

I believe I have felt the something in the steering bending. Happened once or twice, always felt like it went back normal quickly. Alignments good so I’d say nothings bent permanently. I don’t really baby it, I actually thrash on it regularly. I’ve been checking my hubs,
ball joints, and bolts monthly and don’t see any unusual wear at this point. Ive looked at aftermarket center links, most say for racing applications not recommended for street use. I drive it 60+ miles everyday in traffic on two lane roads. I worried those would cause problems.
Ha, anything that says for "race" application only means I need it on my truck lol. I remember the heim links saying that, longtubes and cam..they work fine on the street haha. The cognito centerlink braces would probably help you given your tire size. I may add them since my steering is all low mileage and it should add some life to everything..

OP
OP
00'BlueSteel

00'BlueSteel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha, anything that says for "race" application only means I need it on my truck lol. I remember the heim links saying that, longtubes and cam..they work fine on the street haha. The cognito centerlink braces would probably help you given your tire size. I may add them since my steering is all low mileage and it should add some life to everything..

Haha I actually have them sitting in the garage, lift kit came with them. And I’m in the same boat everything in my steering is brand new expect for the center link. I read very mixed reviews where in some cases people believe those braces caused binding and people were popping their pitman arms in half? Seemed severe to me, like their pitman arms were already weak for some reason. Idk though, just got cold feet about running them so I left them off. I have been looking at adding a steering stabilizer to help with bump steer.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TiGrayMSM