2000 Chevy Tahoe Starting Issue... Need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

loho16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2000 Chevy Tahoe LT with 210,000 miles has just started to have some starting issues lately. When I turn the key in the ignition it takes forever to start then sometimes it will start right up. Any ever had this issue? What did you do to fix it?

I was thinking either my starter is going and could use a replacement or the tumblers in the steering wheel isn't aligned all the time and is going bad.

Any help is appreciated...

OP
OP
L

loho16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It will eventually start. It doesnt take a couple of turns but I do have to keep the key turned for a little longer till it jumps over and starts

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like stated above, could be a fuel pump issue. Do you know if its ever been replaced. I have a 2000 also and recently replaced the fuel pump. Has it ever stalled on you?

OP
OP
L

loho16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it is the stock one in the truck. Never stalled on me at all.

Dan

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When it has trouble starting, has it been parked for more than 4 hours or so? And when it starts right up, has it been running in the past 3-4 hours or less?

OP
OP
L

loho16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ScottyBoy,

Not really. If I drive it for awhile it will do it sometimes. I think I will exchange my fuel pump first and go from there. I will be putting some money into the truck soon now that the wedding will be over in August. I have parts just laying around the house waiting to go on.

Any other possible solutions of what might need to get changed out? Could it be a bad ignition? New spark plugs?

I'm doing e-fans, new thermostat, starter, and possible fuel pump.

Dan

austinfranze

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
check your fuel pressure regulator. it is on the intake manifold to the right of the vortec cover. pull the vacuum like off of it, and if gas sprays out, its bad.