New Member 2000 OBS Chevy Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OBSZ71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone! Looking forward to being apart of this forum! I just bought a new to me 2000 Chevy Tahoe Z71 in Victory Red. I had a question about the headlights and taillight.

I recently did a LED conversion on the front and rear lights.

I bought the LED cube relay switch to prevent hyper flashing.

I went out tonight to test the headlights to see how they performed. The headlight preformed well but noticed that the brake lights and rear turn signals did not work.

It was like the brake lights were on full time. I was wondering if there was a fix for this. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

P.S. please disregard the dodge ram rims. The guy I bought the truck from had them on. I just bought some new Chevy rims that I plan on putting on next week. Haha

Attachments

• IMG_3314.jpeg
    IMG_3314.jpeg
    405.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3181.jpeg
    IMG_3181.jpeg
    523 KB · Views: 8
OP
OP
O

OBSZ71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I didn’t do any rewiring. I follow this guy on YouTube by the name of AutoEdits who did it to his truck. When I have my light switch turned off it will have the break lights and blinkers, but when the lights are all turned on, all the lights in the taillight come on except for the reverse lights.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

I cannot personally help you with your question; however, other members on this Forum that are much more knowledgeable than me in this area will chime in.

For the rear lights conversion, did you simply insert the LEDs into the existing sockets, or did you make any other modifications there, such as wiring changes?

OP
OP
O

OBSZ71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

I cannot personally help you with your question; however, other members on this Forum that are much more knowledgeable than me in this area will chime in.

For the rear lights conversion, did you simply insert the LEDs into the existing sockets, or did you make any other modifications there, such as wiring changes?
I didn’t make any wiring changes. I think I may have mixed up the 9005 and 9006 headlights.

I’m also going to check the fuse box when I get home to see if anything blew.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts