20 inch GMC Sierra wheels on Tahoe.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pulled that spare out from under the truck on both my trucks. Keep it inside the back along with a small floor jack and a lug nut socket already on a breaker bar. I don't have time to sit on the shoulder of the road and try to figure out how to get the spare down from under the truck as cars are speeding by.
Mine is free and easy to lower and raise the spare. Not a problem. I prefer to keep it out of the passenger compartment. Especially if it’s not solidly bolted down. Do you have yours attached somehow? Would be a real hazard in any accident scenario.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah. Not sure yet. I need to see if the correct size will fit in that space. Anyone know for sure..?

I can't imagine you'd have any trouble with a larger wheel and a tire with a similar overall diameter than OE. Are your new tires a lot taller than your OE ones? Might want to pull one of the new wheels off and give it a try in the spare position.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't imagine you'd have any trouble with a larger wheel and a tire with a similar overall diameter than OE. Are your new tires a lot taller than your OE ones? Might want to pull one of the new wheels off and give it a try in the spare position.
29.6 stock, to 31.5 current. So only about an inch. It would probably fit just fine. TBH, I don’t want to damage the paint on the wheels to try it out. I’ll just have to get under there and look carefully before I spend $ on a new spare. Thanks for the reminder though. [emoji106][emoji16][emoji631]

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is free and easy to lower and raise the spare. Not a problem. I prefer to keep it out of the passenger compartment. Especially if it’s not solidly bolted down. Do you have yours attached somehow? Would be a real hazard in any accident scenario.
Good point. Not secured just the weight of it on the carpet keeps it from moving but that would change in an accident. I really don't like it inside the truck but I have gotten use to it.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
29.6 stock, to 31.5 current. So only about an inch. It would probably fit just fine. TBH, I don’t want to damage the paint on the wheels to try it out. I’ll just have to get under there and look carefully before I spend $ on a new spare. Thanks for the reminder though. [emoji106][emoji16][emoji631]

Well, since you'll have it off when installing the NNBS brakes, would that be a good time? Or are you having it done by a shop?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz