2 stroke oil in your trucks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonJ

Reaction score
Just started doing this 2 days ago, but I only had 1/2 a tank at the time. I'm gonna fill it to Full today or tomorrow and add more oil. I've been having a "stutter" at idle that 2 cleanings of the TB havent seemed to touch so I'm hoping this will clean the plugs and things and help eliminate.

I'll post more when I know more :)

Physh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just make sure you give it 3-4 tanks before you make a decision to continue or discontinue use. It will easily take a few tanks for the effects to kick in & mileage to increase...it's not an instant result!

Cameron

dwmmatt23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just started doing this 2 days ago, but I only had 1/2 a tank at the time. I'm gonna fill it to Full today or tomorrow and add more oil. I've been having a "stutter" at idle that 2 cleanings of the TB havent seemed to touch so I'm hoping this will clean the plugs and things and help eliminate.

I'll post more when I know more :)

this is a really good long term gas additive that works, and alot cheaper, but if your counting on it to clean the plugs to cure a stumble (which it will over time) i would suggest replacig the plugs and wires now and the 2stroke oil additive will help keep them clean from there on

BugginOut

Reaction score
I'm VERY curious about the reality of this vs the hype. And here is why....
Motor oil....a VERY reputable machinist was helping my buddy and I rebuild his LS engine recently, and for break in oil he recommended X...but more importantly he spoke about oils in general with modern engines. Explained how you really shouldn't use any kind of conventional oil in modern engines because they are too dirty, and it translates down the road to plugged up cats. Irrelevant to this post, but the two stories clicked as one with me as you are putting extra oil/pollutants into the fuel, which will also end up in the cats.
Just my thoughts, I don't know....I know that with the 2 stroke system you want the extra additives....but with a 4 stroke....I don't know. I see long term failure, or problems. Carbon build up, or other garbage.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had to reply, even if I'm barely a believer in it. But... I gotta say been using Mystic 2 stroke Synthetic for 20+ years in Saws, motorcycles, outboards, weedwhackers and as a Diesel additive on older diesel engines Mainly to protect the Injection pump from low sulfur fuel. When my two gallon can of 32/1 mix gets old- 60-90 days, guess where that gas goes. My experience with 2 strokes is This oil is the best and cheap too. High output engines, no ring sticking and clean inside. Diesel pump experience is A few hundred thousand miles, no failures at around 100-150/1. Inside of the 2 stroke engines are very nice, bearings wearing extremely well, combustion chambers and exhaust ports no carbon buildup, only an occaisional light cleaning of the exhaust screen. (small amount of ash. )Thats why it's not TCW2/3. But it is JASO FD, which is a way higher standard, and nearly smokeless. Not too many Oils meet JASO FD, Most are repackaged Mystic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645