2 stroke oil in your trucks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

waxworkz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok so i did a lot of reading in the LS1 forum about the adding 1oz of 2 stroke motor oil per 5 gallons of gas. i finally took the plunge and did it! i didnt see a thread on here about it so i wanted to see if any one else has done this and the results?

i have, in one tank, felt a better idle, easier start, and what i can only describe as a "less pedal to move" feeling. i havent had a chance to do a second and third tank to get MPG increases so i'll wait and up date after i go through some tanks

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put my old 2 stroke mixed gas in my '75 K-5 and it smells like a banshee!! Other than that, I haven't seen any benefit from it, not saying that there isn't though!!

OP
OP
W

waxworkz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put my old 2 stroke mixed gas in my '75 K-5 and it smells like a banshee!! Other than that, I haven't seen any benefit from it, not saying that there isn't though!!

well this is marine 2 stroke oil, not just old lawn mower 2 stroke. i have been driving it for 2 days and i dont smell any thing dfferent. i did notice right away that the truck starts way easier! it used to take the engine turning over twice and now it only turns once

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The stuff I'm talking about that i use is full synthetic race 2 stroke oil used in quads and it has a very noticable smell, I love it!

smurphy80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too have just started this, just put in like 2 days ago though. But the amounts we are talking here are like a 500:1 ratio vs regular two stroke oil gas mix of something like 40:1. The purpose is to cleanse and lubricate the top end and entire fuel system. I read that whole 43 page write up on ls1 forum and have been more than convinced. Im not expecting a mileage increase on this first tank however, but thats because I have known bad O2 sensors and want to burn the craip off first and then replace the sensors.

My01yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thought I would repost this. If you do a search on seafoam you will find that this has been discussed. I too read all of the pages and felt it was worth trying. Make sure you are using the correct "rated" 2 stroke.

I thought about it for a month or so and decided to take the leap of faith. I did it for 3 tanks because according to the OP it said you would need to do it for at least 3 tanks of gas. I bought a 12oz bottle of 2 cycle TC-W3 rated at walmart and used the right ratio which turned out to be 4oz every time i filled up. I got 13.3 on the tank before I started the 2 cycle treatment. 1st tank with 2 cycle was 13.5, 2nd 14.2, 3rd 14.8. As you can see the tank #2 got just a little under mile better, tank #3 got 1.5 miles better. I didn't change my driving habits, and went further on a tank with this treatment.

I was looking for better MPG/smoother idle and not so much more throttle response and I am happy with the results. I am going to start using it again on my next tank when I buy more. You will see that the MPG stays constant and not get better with more use, after 3 tanks or so it will just keep things cleaner longer from what I've read.

I had to get it inspected shortly after my last tank with this treatment and it passed with no emmissions problems as a result from using it.

Results with most likely vary but I was pleased with it.

Physh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been doing this for a whille. You can mix it as lean as 1oz per 5 gallons or as rich as 1oz per 4 gallons. Technically 1oz per 4 gallons is a 500:1 ratio...1oz per 5 is lean. Don't go richer or leaner than those numbers...

I've gotten better mileage & a quieter fuel pump out of my Tahoe. I just changed the plugs too & they barely looked used. I run this in my 94 k2500 too & I got a 2-2.5mph increase and much smoother running.

It's a worthwhile additive for the gas we have now.

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was doing this in my 98 Tahoe and I didn't notice any difference in mileage or idle (My idle was perfect with the GM Injector upgrade anyway)

I had forgotten about doing on my 04 to see if it makes any difference. Especially like someone else said about the crap Ethanol gas we have to use now.

OP
OP
W

waxworkz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been doing this for a whille. You can mix it as lean as 1oz per 5 gallons or as rich as 1oz per 4 gallons. Technically 1oz per 4 gallons is a 500:1 ratio...1oz per 5 is lean. Don't go richer or leaner than those numbers...

I've gotten better mileage & a quieter fuel pump out of my Tahoe. I just changed the plugs too & they barely looked used. I run this in my 94 k2500 too & I got a 2-2.5mph increase and much smoother running.

It's a worthwhile additive for the gas we have now.

yeah i was doing the math and 1oz to 5 gallons isnt 500:1 its more like 640:1 but at 1oz to 4 gallons it is 512:1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu