2 simple questions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

docster

Reaction score
Tried searching to no avail. Could be the tapatalk app

Anyway. Looking for the size socket needed for wheel bearing and the torque spec of it. Also. The 3 nuts in back of wheel bearing/hub assembly are what size?

What is normal operating temp of the transmission? I was sitting 150-160 in 80 degree weather.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't help in the wheel bearings, but I think that's about right for the Trans temp. I want to say mine doesn't get over 160 even in 100 heat. Unless I'm sitting idling for long periods of time. But I haven't checked it much since I added an external cooler and electric fans.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice! I'm considering adding a trans cooler in the near future. Would be nice to figure out a way to monitor temps.

I have a bluetooth OBD2 reader, when Im towing I use the Torque app to monitor temps.

I added a Derali cooler to mine. simple and cheap. anything I can to do help prolong these crappy 4l60e's

4WDTRK

sleeps in garage
Reaction score
Sounds cool! You have a link to the Derali cooler? Maybe I will install myself instead of having the trans shop do it.

And I wonder if that OBDII bluetooth device could interface w/ my head unit. That would be sweet!

hoss08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a bluetooth OBD2 reader, when Im towing I use the Torque app to monitor temps.

I added a Derali cooler to mine. simple and cheap. anything I can to do help prolong these crappy 4l60e's

Which cooler did you use? My 33s have raised my trans temp, I was running 160-180 today in 90 degree heat.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentL9900