2-Channel Dash Cam Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lloyd Bonafide

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks a million! I followed your instructions and competed the install in 90 minutes. The most difficult part was fishing the wire through the door rubber conduit.

-Lloyd Bonafide

Salty821

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did anyone have trouble pushing the 2nd wire into the top of the windshield?

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This was a great help to me when i added my dash cam last weekend. Took about an hour and half, but i was taking my time.

And yes i did have sone trouble with the 2nd wire going from front cam back to the side under the front edge of headliner. I just did the best i could and there is nothing showing unless you climb in and really look for it.

Thanks for the write-up.

WilFresco

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all,
Didn’t see any information on installing a dash cam in a 2021+ Tahoe/Yukon so figured I would share some info from my install for others.

Dash Cam is a VIOFO A129 Pro Duo that I picked up on a Black Friday sale. I also got the CPL filter and 3-wire hardwire kit.
View attachment 360023

Another thread stated F26 was a switched power fuse, this is on the passenger side dash . I checked all fuses and came to the same conclusion so I used F26 for accessory power and F44 for constant power.
A Micro2 fuse tap was used for F44 with a 5A fuse. I couldn’t fit a Micro3 fuse tap on F26 so just wrapped the wire around one of the fused legs of the existing 10A fuse (ie not the center leg).
View attachment 360020
View attachment 360021

Next I disconnected the + battery terminal so I could remove the A-pillar cover and not risk the air bag going off. To disconnect the battery, pop off the cover, loosen the nut with a 10mm socket, and pull the plastic tabs on the side of the batter to allow the entire fuse block assembly off the battery.
View attachment 360028

(Continued in next post)
Your walkthrough is great. I'm currently doing the same on my '23 Yukon and had a quick question. Are you saying you can use a micro 2 fuse tap on the f26 fuse since the power is supplied on the middle prong then the 3rd prong on f26 stays empty and wont cause no problems? i know this post was a little while ago but hoping to get some clarification

OP
OP
B

badreau

Reaction score
Your walkthrough is great. I'm currently doing the same on my '23 Yukon and had a quick question. Are you saying you can use a micro 2 fuse tap on the f26 fuse since the power is supplied on the middle prong then the 3rd prong on f26 stays empty and wont cause no problems? i know this post was a little while ago but hoping to get some clarification
No, you would need a Micro 3 fuse tap for F26, to retain the stock fuse functionality.

WilFresco

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No, you would need a Micro 3 fuse tap for F26, to retain the stock fuse functionality.
1 last question, on f44 for bat power, how u got the fuse tap in there? On mine the hot side is on the right prong so I’d have to put it the opposite way you did yours right?
1 last question. On f44 mine was empty but has constant power like yours, but in mine the hot side is on the left side, I’m assuming yours is the same, how u get the fuse tap on there, if I put it like you did, I don’t get power. What am I missing?

Attachments

• IMG_1421.jpeg
    IMG_1421.jpeg
    364.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1422.jpeg
    IMG_1422.jpeg
    316.8 KB · Views: 2
OP
OP
B

badreau

Reaction score
1 last question, on f44 for bat power, how u got the fuse tap in there? On mine the hot side is on the right prong so I’d have to put it the opposite way you did yours right?

1 last question. On f44 mine was empty but has constant power like yours, but in mine the hot side is on the left side, I’m assuming yours is the same, how u get the fuse tap on there, if I put it like you did, I don’t get power. What am I missing?
Hey there. You had me scratching my head for a bit there figuring out what I did, but got it figured out.
Put a fuse of equal or larger size in the main/primary slot on the fuse tap. In my case I have a 5A fuse on the new circuit, and a 10A fuse on the primary circuit. The fuses operate in series, not parallel as intended.
What it is doing is passing power from the hot side, through the 10A fuse, to the load side, which then goes through the 5A fuse on your new circuit and you’ll have power.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juniordaboi909

Latest posts