2 amp draw unless 3 different fuses are pulled.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Abe2023

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an 01 yukon xl 2500 with the 8.1l, I have a 12 amp draw that won’t go away unless I take out 15 different fuses and the power cable that goes to the red positive power box and on to the starter so fuse box still has power . I hooked up my amp meter and place only the fuses that weren’t drawing power and with the power cable connected it went down to 10 amp. But if I disconnect the power cable to it goes to zero but even with that cable off, placing any one of the 15 fuses back in brings the draw back up to 12amps. I’m at a loss please help.

Last edited:

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Colorado!

Moved this from the 2021+ section for you.

Mudsport96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 01 yukon xl 2500 with the 8.1l, I have a 12 amp draw that won’t go away unless I take out 15 different fuses and the power cable that goes to the red positive power box and on to the starter so fuse box still has power . I hooked up my amp meter and place only the fuses that weren’t drawing power and with the power cable connected it went down to 10 amp. But if I disconnect the power cable to it goes to zero but even with that cable off, placing any one of the 15 fuses back in brings the draw back up to 12amps. I’m at a loss please help.
Ok, let me try to follow you.
If all the fuses are pulled, and the starter cable is connected, you have a 10 amp draw?

And which 15 fuses are you pulling?

A few possibilities could be a bad ignition switch that isnt turning off all the way, and leaving stuff powered.

Your alternator could be shorted internally and you are losing power there.

You could check continuity to ground with the fuses removed and see if there are any obvious shorts to ground i guess.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving clarifying questions from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trickystick19

Latest posts