2/3 or 3/5 that is the question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

screamin86

Reaction score
well ive wanted a 2/3 drop for my 03 yukon xl for awhile but ive been too busy worry about go fast mods lol. im finaly ready to drop this thing but i plan to keep the stock wheels and dont want to go too low and it look stupid. ive found plenty of pics of tahoes *** short yukons droped but not many xls and suburbans and especialy pon stock rims. i may get some rims later but prob 20s at most and will prob swap back and forth between htem and stockers alot also.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What you need to do...

Front - McGaughy's 2" Drop Spindles

Rear - Rear Shock Extenders and then 3" springs.

That way, if you want to go 3" in front instead of 2", all you need to do is add lowering torsion keys... that easy and keys only cost $60 or so...

For the rear, if the 3" springs aren't enough, you can sell them and get 5" springs...

Personally, I would get the 3/5...

saturday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What you need to do...

Front - McGaughy's 2" Drop Spindles

Rear - Rear Shock Extenders and then 3" springs.

That way, if you want to go 3" in front instead of 2", all you need to do is add lowering torsion keys... that easy and keys only cost $60 or so...

For the rear, if the 3" springs aren't enough, you can sell them and get 5" springs...

Someone tell me why some kits come with spindles, and others come with torsion keys. McGaughy's for example has both options.

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spindles are part of the kit...its the main piece needed to lower the front...you have torsion keys right now which can be de-cranked...if you purchase NEW keys, the eyelet for the torsion bar is rotated a little more within the key...therefore giving you room to de-crank them a little more

When you use ONLY torsion keys to lower the front end, it changes your travel and ride quality...because the torsion bars are actually your springs...they are like coil springs for the rear...these bars are twisted...which gives you suspension.
Also, your camber gets messed up real bad when you only use your torsion keys to lower the front end...so with a mix of lower spindles, and new torsion keys, you can go much lower, keep better camber, and better spring quality ride

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
you will always want to go lower, so dont **** around with the 2/3! I am 100% satisfied with my front end, but I wish my rear was about 1" lower...

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
orrrr do it the other way.. as we allll know the rear end never sits as low as we want it on a 3/5 soooo

Do a 3/5 with lower control arms and 5 inch springs.. (90% will allign right up) and drive it for a min.. and if you dont like it just lift the stock front torsion keys up an inch and you will be a what REALLY looks like a 2/4 and probably look more level than most 3/5s anyway

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
are you on stock wheels 16 inch if so spindles might be a issue.

djm 3/5 is my vote front aligns rides great and i like the shock location due to the new a arm design. rear djm 5 inch drop also comes with new swaybar endlinks which when lowering these trucks is a nice option.

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think all kits come with new sway bar end links...my Mcgaughys kit did...

I dont think theres much of a different when it comes to the rear...they are both 5 inch drop coils.... we need someone that goes lower! :imo:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meandmyhoe20