2/3 or 2/4 drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DallasTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
05 Yukon want to do a simple drop but the kits I see don’t have the bump stops. From what I’ve read and seen on my truck it sits on the bump stops and it’s necessary for stability. Is it necessary to sit on the bump stops? I want to retain the ride and handling and not spend an arm and a leg. Thinkin 2/3 or 2/4, want it nice and level any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pnwdan

Cunning linguist
Reaction score
05 Yukon want to do a simple drop but the kits I see don’t have the bump stops. From what I’ve read and seen on my truck it sits on the bump stops and it’s necessary for stability. Is it necessary to sit on the bump stops? I want to retain the ride and handling and not spend an arm and a leg. Thinkin 2/3 or 2/4, want it nice and level any thoughts?

They aren't bump stops. They are jounce bumpers and part of the suspension. If you do a spindle drop, the arms stay right where they are and it rides the same

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What Dan said about the jounce stops in the front.

For a 2" drop in the front, go with spindles. For the rear, coils are your only method for lowering. Whether you go with a 3" or 4" rear drop is up to you and what you want. Measure how it sits now and go from there. The stance of these rigs varies greatly from one to the other. Some are almost level as-is and some are 2" or more higher in the rear so they'd require a greater drop to sit level.

OP
OP
DallasTahoe

DallasTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What Dan said about the jounce stops in the front.

For a 2" drop in the front, go with spindles. For the rear, coils are your only method for lowering. Whether you go with a 3" or 4" rear drop is up to you and what you want. Measure how it sits now and go from there. The stance of these rigs varies greatly from one to the other. Some are almost level as-is and some are 2" or more higher in the rear so they'd require a greater drop to sit level.
Ok sounds good have any recommendations for an affordable kit?

DIsney

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There's TONS of links and names of different kit suppliers in the Sticky'd Lowering Thread.

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 4 inch spring in the rear with a 1 inch spacer. Once I get adjustable arms in the back ill go lower but thats not going to be for a very long time

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GPPV