1st time Tahoe owner (a 2014 SSV!) Long story...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Saluki

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It was quite an adventure (and a bit risky) acquiring this vehicle! !No, I didn't steal it from a cop!) It's in pretty nice shape, all things considered. "DE-copping it" has been quite an adventure, too. Will tell more when I have a bit more time.

For now: I came here after trying to find a way to join your "sister site", tahoeforum.com . But, there seems to be no way to join / it is locked from doing so??

Tahoe.jpg

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was quite an adventure (and a bit risky) acquiring this vehicle! !No, I didn't steal it from a cop!) It's in pretty nice shape, all things considered. "DE-copping it" has been quite an adventure, too. Will tell more when I have a bit more time.

For now: I came here after trying to find a way to join your "sister site", tahoeforum.com . But, there seems to be no way to join / it is locked from doing so??

View attachment 359964
Welcome from Miami Beach!

Looks to be in excellent condition and well maintained! Nice Find! Out of curiosity how many miles on your SSV?

Don't forget to check out the 2007-2014 SSV-PPV section.

As far as I know you should be able to join tahoeforum.com but you are much better off here as that forum is overall very quiet but will eventually check it out for you and let you know.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

More pics of the truck, please.

OP
OP
Saluki

Saluki

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach!

Looks to be in excellent condition and well maintained! Nice Find! Out of curiosity how many miles on your SSV?

Don't forget to check out the 2007-2014 SSV-PPV section.

As far as I know you should be able to join tahoeforum.com but you are much better off here as that forum is overall very quiet but will eventually check it out for you and let you know.
Thanks! Our "new to us" Tahoe has almost 138k miles on it now. The trip back home after picking it up was over 800 miles, and we've used it a bit since.

I posted a question about dash illumination here (in the 2007-2014 Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade Models > Interior section) but no responses yet...

I'll check out the SSV-PPV section soon. And I'll post a few more pics of our Tahoe, here. :)

OP
OP
Saluki

Saluki

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

More pics of the truck, please.
Thanks, Joseph! Maybe I can find a topic or two I can contribute to. I'm VERY new to Tahoes, but learning - I hope. As requested, a few pics of the vehicle just after I got it home, follow.

The barrier has been removed. (Can anyone use such - it's for sale!)
2014 Tahoe pic210930-#8aa.jpg

Rear view. I am inclined to leave the reflective decal, we get so many rear end collisions at workzones on the Interstate near here...
2014 Tahoe pic210930-#2a.jpg
(Heheh - one of the 1st things I did after getting home (and sleeping about 15 hours) was take the Tahoe out on a local Wildlife Management Area road. Ergo, the dust on our "new" vehicle. The Tahoe handled the rough gravel road nicely, tho' a bit "squishy" -- it turns out THESE tires do a lot better with ~ 50 psi in them (rated to 80!)
2014 Tahoe pic210930-#9a.jpg

Police type rack:
2014 Tahoe pic210930-#5a.jpg

The lighter socket positions (to revise!) have become a "project"!
2014 Tahoe pic210930-#6a.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Saluki

Saluki

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
All sorts of extra wiring (as received)...
2014 Tahoe pic210930-#7a.jpg
And some heavy stuff (hefty 12v feeds, esp. that red one.): Tahoe.Center.Console.Wiring-2021.11.06.jpg
I've since located and replaced a blown fuse on that 2nd lighter socket circuit.

The SSV has dual batteries, a heavy 12v feed to the rear, etc., too... This vehicle would be a car stereo enthusiast's / DIY installer's dream!

My daughter discovered an extra "bonus" in the little cubbyhole between the lighter sockets.
2014 Tahoe pic211001-#1aa.jpg

"Lamp 2" turned out to be a disconnected multi-function white strobe in each front headlight cluster. There are reds in the rear, too.
2014.Tahoe.Dr.HL.cluster.detail.1b.label.jpg

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
I suggest checking the pressure rating on your wheels. It’s stamped on there somewhere.

Quite possibly they are not rated for 50 psi and almost certainly not 80. I’ve known people to split rims by running E rated tires at full pressure on half ton wheels.

IMO the proper tire rating and pressure gives the best ride. (says the guy riding on 35’s LOL).

OP
OP
Saluki

Saluki

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I suggest checking the pressure rating on your wheels. It’s stamped on there somewhere.

Quite possibly they are not rated for 50 psi and almost certainly not 80. I’ve known people to split rims by running E rated tires at full pressure on half ton wheels.

IMO the proper tire rating and pressure gives the best ride. (says the guy riding on 35’s LOL).
Any idea where that wheel pressure rating might be stamped? It's definitely not on an exterior surface (ie., viewable with the wheel / tire on the vehicle & not crawling under the vehicle.)

No way I'd go to 80 psi -- the "ride benefit" seemed to top out at 55. But at 40 and below the tires even seem to cause significant "wander".

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any idea where that wheel pressure rating might be stamped? It's definitely not on an exterior surface (ie., viewable with the wheel / tire on the vehicle & not crawling under the vehicle.)

No way I'd go to 80 psi -- the "ride benefit" seemed to top out at 55. But at 40 and below the tires even seem to cause significant "wander".
I’m surprised at your pressure experience. I have KO2s on thecopcar. I set them at 38 or so cold for the pavement. On dirt, I go down to 22-25.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14