What bulbs are in instrument panel display?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Saluki

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I asked this question in another sort of related thread, but, perhaps it's better asked "stand alone"?

I've not been into the instrument panel of this vehicle (2014 Tahoe SSV) yet, but I need to, as portions of the instrument panel are very dim on a sunny day, no matter what I do with the external controls. Is there a thread or vid on pulling the instrument panel, & getting into it, and even B4 that (as I'm needing to get an Amazon order up to free shipping), what bulbs are used? All wiring and sockets / connectors in this vehicle are in good shape, so, corrosion somewhere or a "bad connection" seems unlikely. Plus, if I'm in there, might as well put in LED's and never (I hope) have to worry about these bulbs again.

Thanks in advance!

Geoffsfas10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the cluster is kind of a pain to pull. theres like 5 or 6 screws that hold it in place, and once those are out you really gotta yank it out. the bulbs in it are not easily serviceable. they are soldered onto the circuit board.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
bulbs are soldered on, check youtube for how to remove the cluster it's not that hard just have to take some trim pieces off around it first to get access to it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts