1999 Tahoe/New in Eugene, OR

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eddie_Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi everybody. I moved to Eugene a few years ago with my '99 Tahoe. Great truck that I want to take care of and keep going a long time. Always kept it clean and do all the regular maintenance and repairs. Had a heck of a time finding a good shop to work on it around here though. I can't do the work myself but I know enough to know when I'm getting BSed. And I've gotten a lot of BS from a few local shops.

Any recommendations?

Thank you.

Last edited:

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Hi everybody. I moved to Eugene a few years ago with my '99 Tahoe. Great truck that I want to take care of and keep going a long time. Always kept it clean and do all the regular maintenance and repairs. Had a heck of a time finding a good shop to work on it around here though. I can't do the work myself but I know enough to know when I'm getting BSed. And I've gotten a lot of BS from a few local shops.

Any recommendations?

Thank you.
I also live in Eugene, Oregon as well and can help you out. See my signature and with that, I can do some of the work you may need on your rig but because I do not have a lift I will not do all but I can recommend an excellent shop for the rest of your needs. Welcome to the forum and please post pics of the rig. You can PM me as well. Hope to hear from you.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

3dirtwheels

Reaction score
Welcome to the site, there a lot knowledgeable folks here.

I have a '98 that I put 300K on the original engine, I chose the HT383E from chevy due to the warranty and primarily because it is a drop in replacement with around 80 more hp and around a 100 fp of torque.
The Tahoe runs like a completely different machine now. I replaced all of the drives and also upgraded the spyder injection from the mechanical to the electronic version and added headers and dual exhaust. I love it, other than the mpg, but the smiles per gallon are worth it so far!

Any recommendations?

Thank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442