16 Yukon SLT....upgrade to a 19 Esky, or a 21 SLT/Denali?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RobV

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just curious from those who have had multiple models/model years. My 16 Yuke has a slight, but perceptible, vibration between 75-85 that bugs the $hit out of me. Oem rims, and 3 week old Michelin Premier LTX's. I've also never really cared for how she shifts. I also need about $2500 in paint work to my hood and roof.

SO.....found a 19 Esky with 20k miles, and also can get a 2021 SLT for the same price. Or just blow it all and get a 21 Denali. Im mainly going for ride quality I suppose....but I do like how big these new Yukons are.

Thoughts?

Koepp2637

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just curious from those who have had multiple models/model years. My 16 Yuke has a slight, but perceptible, vibration between 75-85 that bugs the $hit out of me. Oem rims, and 3 week old Michelin Premier LTX's. I've also never really cared for how she shifts. I also need about $2500 in paint work to my hood and roof.

SO.....found a 19 Esky with 20k miles, and also can get a 2021 SLT for the same price. Or just blow it all and get a 21 Denali. Im mainly going for ride quality I suppose....but I do like how big these new Yukons are.

Thoughts?
I had a 2015 LTZ with 22"/Michelin LTX tires and had the same issue. Small vibration at ~ 80mph on most roads. I did notice that some roads this issue was non-existent. When I switched to my 18"/Blizzak set issue went away. I related this to something with the rim/tire combination and the road.

ruise

Reaction score
I had both a 2016 and 2018 Yukon SLT and loved them. I was going to order another SLT but there are so many more standard features on the 2021 Denali, so I chose the Denali. The ride on the Denali compared to both the 2016 and 2018 SLT is superior! I ordered mine with 20" wheels and love the ride. The suspension is remarkable.

I was looking for ride quality and quietness. The 2021 Denali has, so far, fulfilled these desires.

playadude

Reaction score

Thoughts?
My vote is for the 2021 SLT. You are getting the advantage of the hundreds of millions of dollars GM invested to develop it. (And 1.4 billion they spent at the factory for it).

It's a completely different animal than the prior generation. The diesel and how it drives/ rides are the best parts. But the whole vehicle is amazing.

B520044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a 21 SLT and was never happy with the ride quality. So much so I upgraded to the AT4. The magnetic ride is much better. However, I do believe my SLT was never built quite right, so others may have a better experience.
I would go Denali, AT4 or Tahoe Premier.

Hobert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the size and additional cargo height of the 2021's. I was thinking of waiting for one then decided with such a huge platform change to go with the 2019. I was not wanting the quality issues that always need to be worked out in year 1. At this point you are in the 2022 range, I say go for the 2022.

AngeloUCF

Reaction score
My primary complaint with Cadillacs is they use ****** touch controls on their dash and have up/down buttons for A/C controls instead of the rotary knob that's in the Tahoe/Yukon. It was enough to keep me from them, but I'm picky about ergonomics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLM_GT