16 Yukon SLT....upgrade to a 19 Esky, or a 21 SLT/Denali?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

RobV

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. Today I’m wavering even more, lol. Found myself looking at new Denalis yesterday also.....but 80k....jeez. Then thought.....maybe I’ll just keep my truck.....get it road force balanced, new shocks, and a Diablo tuner, and call it good till the market rights itself. Who knows.....?!?

killjoy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
'21 Escalade, easy. :)

Seriously, I would go with '21. I had a '16 Yukon and while I liked the truck, the '21s have so much new tech, I'd go that way for the same money.

OP
OP
R

RobV

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
'21 Escalade, easy. :)

Seriously, I would go with '21. I had a '16 Yukon and while I liked the truck, the '21s have so much new tech, I'd go that way for the same money.
Lol $120 for a new Esky, like what?????

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with @RobV. The prices are out of this world right now. Some dealers are charging (and getting) as much as $15K over MSRP. Until the inventory and pricing stabilize, it may be worthwhile to sit on the sidelines rather than overpay for a vehicle that keeps you woefully upside down in your financing.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There ARE a few MSRP dealers out there... You just have to be very diligent...

OP
OP
R

RobV

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I agree with @RobV. The prices are out of this world right now. Some dealers are charging (and getting) as much as $15K over MSRP. Until the inventory and pricing stabilize, it may be worthwhile to sit on the sidelines rather than overpay for a vehicle that keeps you woefully upside down in your financing.
That’s kinda why I’m leaning towards the 19 Esky......I think I’m gonna go drive one tmrw and see if it’s leaps and bounds different than my Yukon. I think there will be a difference since there’s a different suspension and tranny. We’ll see.

TheAgency

Reaction score
Coming from an early 2015 SLT to a 2021 Denali, the new trucks are leagues better. The increased size seems perfect without being too big, and while I'm sure the magnetic system helps compared to what I had in the SLT, the independent rear is so smooth.

ruise

Reaction score
Coming from an early 2015 SLT to a 2021 Denali, the new trucks are leagues better. The increased size seems perfect without being too big, and while I'm sure the magnetic system helps compared to what I had in the SLT, the independent rear is so smooth.

I agree! I had both a 2016 and 2018 Yukon SLT (same generation as your 2015) and really enjoyed them both. But, this 2021 Denali is bigger, more luxurious (yet still utilitarian), smooooooth, and quiet. I love driving this vehicle. Roads that I drive that are full of potholes, uneven asphalt, etc. where I felt every bump in my SLT's are a breeze to drive with my new Denali. So much more enjoyable ride.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep