'16 Tahoe LT 1.5" ReadyLift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RobertHunden

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Here's a first look at my new 2016 Tahoe LT. I picked the rig up about a two weeks ago and hit the tire shop the next day. Couldn't be happier with my purchase. Details as follows;

2016 Tahoe LT with HD Trailer Package
ReadyLift 1.5" Level Kit Part # 66-3090
Hankook 285/65 18 Load Range E Tires
Ground to Center of Front Fender (measured at center of wheel) 38"
Ground to Center of Rear Fender (measured at center of wheel) 38.25"

Ready Lift product rep stated that the max tire with this kit would be a 32" and these are 33" I have found no rubbing at full left/right lock in forward or in reverse. The folks at T&T Tires in Tacoma mounted up a 33.5" and it rubbed, but could likely be pinned and trim to work. I didn't want to really cut anything so we stuck with the 33".

I tow quite a bit and have found that the air suspension in the rear keeps it pretty leveled out. Towing ranges from a light utility trailer, to a horse trailer, to a 21' Lance travel trailer. With the travel trailer on the back, it sits 1/4" low. It's noticeable probably only to me, but functions just fine.

IMG_0976.JPG

IMG_0979.JPG

IMG_0978.JPG

IMG_0974.JPG

Last edited:

MichaelSE

2010 2500
Reaction score
Looks great! I'm a big fan of that color. How do the Hankooks ride? Any future mods planned?

paul lombardo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am looking to go to 285/65 as well on my 2014 suburban, how does the ride feel with the E range tires, and what pressure are you running in them?

OP
OP
RobertHunden

RobertHunden

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am looking to go to 285/65 as well on my 2014 suburban, how does the ride feel with the E range tires, and what pressure are you running in them?

When I first drove away from the tire shop I thought, "what did I do??" They were louder and I felt like the ride was considerably stiffer. That said, 2 years later I don't notice the difference one bit. My wife has a 2019 Equinox Premium that is considerably louder than my Tahoe.

I run the tires at 35 PSI when not towing. If I have my travel trailer on, I'll bump up to 45-50 psi in the rear.

OP
OP
RobertHunden

RobertHunden

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looks great! I'm a big fan of that color. How do the Hankooks ride? Any future mods planned?

Have several mods planned, but basically had to wait out a little bit of the sticker shock of just buying a new car and get some other things taken care of first. In the mean time I'm hoping that more after-market products will become available. Right now I'm looking at the following;
- 1.5" spacer in the back
- Aux lighting of some type up front
- Retractable running boards
- GOBI Stealth roof rack. I've been working with GOBI and will just have the mounts to fit into my OEM rails
fabricated locally.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep