16 Escalade very hard ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dino615

Reaction score
Hello all,
I have a 2016 Escalade ESV. A few weeks ago it started riding really hard. I feel like i can rin over a nickel and trek if it's heads or tails. It looks to me like the ride height is higher than normal too. Is there a control module, or sensor that did have gone out that is holding air in the system? Any way to check/test/reset this? My driveway is on a pretty good hill and when i back down to the garage i had the compressor come on. I feel like it's just adding more air and never letting any out. Ride is horrible, but I'm also worried about popping a bag. Thank you

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
I have a 2016 Escalade ESV. A few weeks ago it started riding really hard. I feel like i can rin over a nickel and trek if it's heads or tails. It looks to me like the ride height is higher than normal too. Is there a control module, or sensor that did have gone out that is holding air in the system? Any way to check/test/reset this? My driveway is on a pretty good hill and when i back down to the garage i had the compressor come on. I feel like it's just adding more air and never letting any out. Ride is horrible, but I'm also worried about popping a bag. Thank you
You really need a bi-directional scan tool to check these features. A ride height sensor might have gone bad and I have read that the magnetic ride control ought to be reset once in a while to perform at its best.

You would need an MDI2 adapter to a laptop with GDS2 software to look at what's going on inside and maybe even fix it. At the very least, you'd know what's wrong and could have the dealer make the repair.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberv96