15' Tahoe Rough Country Step Bars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brandon Weibley

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just bought these same bars for my 2017 Yukon XL and they dont seem to line up with the mounting spots at all even though Rough Country says they are correct. Did your Rough Country Bars have 3 or 4 mounting arms on them? The stock ones I took off had 4, the ones Rough Country sent had 3 on the driver side, and 2.5 (1 arm cut off but bottom mount there) on the passenger side. No matter how I held them up I couldnt see any way that they would mount correctly in the plug holes that could be removed.

OP
OP
15TahoeLT

15TahoeLT

Reaction score
I just bought these same bars for my 2017 Yukon XL and they dont seem to line up with the mounting spots at all even though Rough Country says they are correct. Did your Rough Country Bars have 3 or 4 mounting arms on them? The stock ones I took off had 4, the ones Rough Country sent had 3 on the driver side, and 2.5 (1 arm cut off but bottom mount there) on the passenger side. No matter how I held them up I couldnt see any way that they would mount correctly in the plug holes that could be removed.

Mine fit correctly on the factory mounting spots- wasn't perfect. I had to lightly tighten the bolts out of order (from the directions) to get them lined up but after that I just tightening them up and it fit great.

Mine is also a Tahoe, not a Suburban/Yukon XL so I'm not sure it applies to your situation.

GreyStone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow! ~ awesome pics! - awesome looking ride! Where did you order them from?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AEHaas

Latest posts