Drill bit size for rough country hidden winch mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alex_M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It wouldn't hurt to have some cutting oil present. It will save your drill bits.
Agreed. A little used motor oil or WD-40 goes a long way. Keep high pressure and medium speed, not full speed.

I'd just go grab a box set of DeWalt bits at Lowe's, Home Depot, etc. Those are all I use. I've used a whole lot of different drill bits and the Dewalts are good for the money, and fairly often on sale.

I also just resharpen mine when it gets time instead of buying new. I haven't bought drill bits in - man, probably 2 years. Easiest way is on a bench grinder but you can do it with an angle grinder in a pinch.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's that app? I want that.
It’s called iEngineer.

Very handy tool. You do need to pay a small fee to get metric hardware, but I think it’s like $1.99 or something. I’ve had it for years.

Here is the link to the Apple App Store. Not sure if there is an android version or not.

Alex_M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s called iEngineer.

Very handy tool. You do need to pay a small fee to get metric hardware, but I think it’s like $1.99 or something. I’ve had it for years.

Here is the link to the Apple App Store. Not sure if there is an android version or not.

Killer! Looks like it's not on Android, but I'll get it on my work phone. Thanks!

OP
OP
LordWayback

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed. A little used motor oil or WD-40 goes a long way. Keep high pressure and medium speed, not full speed.

I'd just go grab a box set of DeWalt bits at Lowe's, Home Depot, etc. Those are all I use. I've used a whole lot of different drill bits and the Dewalts are good for the money, and fairly often on sale.

I also just resharpen mine when it gets time instead of buying new. I haven't bought drill bits in - man, probably 2 years. Easiest way is on a bench grinder but you can do it with an angle grinder in a pinch.
I straight up just went full send and it worked EE73B22C-6E72-494E-81D6-1E1D58CE5B23.jpeg

OP
OP
LordWayback

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely something wrong with the wiring my battery terminal got smoldering hot under 0 loadIMG_7552.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts