14 months and finally giving up....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

todd305

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Please don't flame, just need to vent. I owned a 2007 Tahoe (loved it) and purchased a 2015 in December of 2014. I am so disappointed in this truck and i've just had enough. I love Chevy but this is probably my last one. My personal experience and issues are as follows, would be interesting to see if anyone else has had these.

1. 9 total trips to Chevy to fix rattling in steering wheel column. Both parties eventually gave up (it's slowly getting worse)

2. Truck seems to dent if it'***** by a butterfly. I've honestly never seen an automobile dent so easily in my life.

3. Why does everything inside have to rattle and shake over anything other than freshly paved asfault? It seriously feels like there is so much loose plastic inside which creates noise over rough surfaces.

4. Tire sensor gauge problems regularly.

5. Truck ride at high speeds (highway) seems to shake slightly.

These are just some of the problems I have had. Maybe I just bought a bad truck, but i would be interested in hearing some of your experiences in these areas. Thanks for listening.

massivespl

I'm not mean, I'm honest.
Reaction score
Sounds like u want a Bentley when your driving a truck!

1,3,5 are prly from bad tires/needing new shocks/need new front end parts... Are you up to date on everything ?

Last edited:

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like u want a Bentley when your driving a truck!

1,3,5 are prly from bad tires/needing new shocks/need new front end parts... Are you up to date on everything ?

The problems he's noted are known issues with this model. GM has been buying these things back due to vibrations at highway speeds, steering column issues and booming/vibration at low speed.

Hopeful they figure it out for the '17 model year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

massivespl

I'm not mean, I'm honest.
Reaction score
I misread the first post. I thought he was talking about 07... Not a 15.... Dang it can't read

jerryjoe28

That Guy
Reaction score
I misread the first post. I thought he was talking about 07... Not a 15.... Dang it can't read

lol glad you tout it was a 07.... I was trying to figure out why a 15 would need tires and shocks!!

@todd305 I work with a guy that had the exact same problem with his 15. the dealer wound up buying his back and putting him I a Yukon hope it was just a bad batch!

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would definitely attempt the buy back route first. At would save you a few bucks. I can say that as many negative comments that I've read about these newest generation of SUVs it makes me very glad to have what I have and in NO hurry to jump to the 15-16 generation

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 15 and suburban and Tahoe respectively. So far no real problems.

My wireless charging on the burb does not work correctly. 5 weeks to get the part, and no no one knows where it is.
GM technical group sucks. My phone charges on the 16 and all the 16's without issue.
Tailgate opened bounced a few times and closed on me.
The had to replace the struts or shocks on the rear hatch.
I did not get 22" tires as the 20" tires are hard enough to balance and align. But I did switch them out to michelins. Defender ltx m s is the tire that should come with this car.
Bluetooth reception is occasionally intermittent.

All In all not a bad car but I should have learned my lesson the last time. Never buy the first year of anything.

bluex

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
After working in the auto industry for a while now one thing I can tell you is never buy the first model year after a major redesign. At least wait until the end of that model year so that you get the ones after the plant has been building them for almost a year. Even then check the date on the door tag to see when it was built.

Cha0s13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately Im experiencing the low speed booming also, but Gm wont budge with me. Love the tahoe, but the booming between 0 and 35 mph drives me crazy!!!

wreedps

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dad has a 15 with 40000 miles and no real issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401