12v outlets always on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PatDTN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been considering switching one of the outlets to switched power in my 2009 Tahoe. I think the smart way is to add a relay to switch the existing power feed. Then you just need something from the radio to trigger the relay.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No need for relay, 10A run/crank source in your MBEC

Check this listing for pinouts

Have heard you can modify one of the other MBEC plugs if you want to snag one from the junkyard.

PatDTN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No need for relay, 10A run/crank source in your MBEC

Check this listing for pinouts

Have heard you can modify one of the other MBEC plugs if you want to snag one from the junkyard.
Interesting but I have a bunch of relays and if the power for the outlets fails I'll look for the right fuse.

Malii Denali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a bluetooth adapter connected to my Aux jack. I would like it to go off, so that my Audible audiobooks dont keep playing silently as I walk away from the car... that has happened.

I had a bluetooth head unit in the old car, and I will be swapping to a newer head unit on this tahoe eventually... But I also like the idea of my magsafe mount not being powered up all the time, and i am way to forgetful to remember to unplug it each time. I would also use that key switched circuit to power my dash cam, I had one in the old car which used a capacitor instead of a LION batt. it was on switched power and just came on when i started the car.

There are sometimes stretches of 3 or 4 days where i work from home, and never go out and start the car. I dont want my accessories to be the reason why my battery is dead. that has totally happened to me in the not-so-distant past

somebody farther up the thread linked a power adapter that has a RAP circuit, and a battery power circuit. That combined with a simple relay would totally solve the problem. I just need to get it done.
Makes sense

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been considering switching one of the outlets to switched power in my 2009 Tahoe. I think the smart way is to add a relay to switch the existing power feed. Then you just need something from the radio to trigger the relay.
just buy a switched cig plug no chopping wires