12V Outlet Power cycle when driver's door is opened

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MLou

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone found the solution yet? Just bought my 2021 Yukon. I don’t recall it cutting off when opening driver side while running but did notice once it returned from dealership after an inspection. It is driving me insane. Both front & back driver side doors cause a reset on radar while vehicle is running but not passenger. That seems like a flaw …. Not a safety feature.

JeremyLaurenson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the same issue… question for you all- this seems to affect lighter socket as well as usb and the aforementioned fuse location…

Are you using a fuse tap or lighter port?

I am thinking of building a tiny UPS to bridge the second or two of power outage…

JeremyLaurenson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Someone over at maker.pro suggested using a super capacitor (this) in order to bridge the time gap if youre hardwired. I have it installed and it works like a charm on a WolfBox 900 so I can open doors all day long. It actually will keep it running after the power is shut off for a few minutes, as its sized for a few seconds at 2A and the cameras do not draw nearly that.

I need to do some more testing to make sure there isnt something else going on in terms of the actual hardwire power kit I have since it uses an always on as well as an ACC tap, and I have this on the ACC tap. Jury is out on whether the actual power draw in my situation is via ACC or hardware primarily with ACC just a sort of indicator.

Either way, this stop the cutting out.

JeremyLaurenson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I can confirm that my rear view camera works for an additional 7 seconds with this super capacitor... as there only power source... and the cutout is about 2s, so this absolutely works for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo