12 Volt Outlet Turning off when doors open (power running boards?)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wcorbit

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello,

I've got a 2021 Yukon Denali that is about a month old. I've got a radar detector plugged into the 12V accessory outlet, and have noticed that it powers off periodically. I finally narrowed it down to opening of the door. Every time I open the door, it powers off and I can hear a click in the area of the power sliding center console (like a relay). Wondering if it's tied to the power retracting running boards extending, but seems like an improper function, nonetheless. Anyone heard of or experienced anything like this?

Jsenky

Reaction score
Hello,

I've got a 2021 Yukon Denali that is about a month old. I've got a radar detector plugged into the 12V accessory outlet, and have noticed that it powers off periodically. I finally narrowed it down to opening of the door. Every time I open the door, it powers off and I can hear a click in the area of the power sliding center console (like a relay). Wondering if it's tied to the power retracting running boards extending, but seems like an improper function, nonetheless. Anyone heard of or experienced anything like this?

left of your steering wheel there is a little button with a plug looking pic on it. Press that and you shouldnt have an issue. I believe thats the button to not kill the power during the auto start/stop of the motor though.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was told, on the previous gen, there is a fuse that can be moved to keep the 12 volt accessory outlets energized 24/7. I'm not sure if it's true or not as I have not investigated.

If it is true, perhaps a similar arrangement exists for the 2021+ redesign?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would just hardwire the detector to auxiliary power, very easy to do I have mine wired up so when the key is on the detector is on, turns off automatically when I shut the vehicle off.