'12 Denali AWD RH motor mount replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dkad260

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have recently replaced the LH side, was tight but the RH looks worse.

If anyone can provide some tips and tricks please chime in.

Does removing the RH CV shaft gain any usable clearance or working room?

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They really need to be done at the same time to make the job easy.

From the top you can undo the lower 3 bolts that connect each motor mount to the frame and undo the trans mounts bolts.

Now with the drivetrain unbolted from the frame you can jack the motor up high enough to give you room to undo the 4 bolts that attach each motor mount to the engine.

Also a stubby swivel ratchet wrench is nice to have

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have recently replaced the LH side, was tight but the RH looks worse.

If anyone can provide some tips and tricks please chime in.

Does removing the RH CV shaft gain any usable clearance or working room?
Remove the passenger side front wheel and the fender liner. I put a 2x4 chunk under the oil pan and was able to lift the engine just enough with a floor jack without unbolting the transmission mount first, though I can definitely see the wisdom in doing that.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
When I think 6.2 AWD motor mounts, the first thought that comes to mind is wondering if it’s time for a rear main seal or major trans service.

It’s not fair those mounts are so easy to replace when the trans is out.

Mexifry

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just had left side replaced done by the dealer (family friend shop) but also had the transmission coolant lines replaced as they were leaking. but all because it went in for a 2nd time gas pedal having a connection problem. I only have 98k on 2013 Yukon Denali

OP
OP
D

dkad260

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had left side replaced done by the dealer............. I only have 98k on 2013 Yukon Denali
Mine were bad at that mileage also, driver's side lifted up under load.

That fixed half the felt vibration, once the passenger side was replaced, it felt like a new vehicle when idling under load.

That's the side that gets pressed down constantly, so when the rubber wears, it's pretty much almost a solid mount.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu