1" drop for rear autoride?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sickspeed

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is there a kit available to lower the rear of my 2015 Yukon Denali only about an inch? I know there's a kit to drop it by 2-4" but I really only want to lower it about an inch. It is a late 2015 so has the 8-speed transmission and I believe auto ride height so is there maybe a way to simply swap out the ride height links/rods or sensors without changing the springs/struts similar to what can be done on a Porsche Cayenne?

Dearmosd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
curious, how does the tip come off the rods. I played with the front sensor rods and it just spun round and round. I thought it was screwed on but wasnt.

Z28KE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
curious, how does the tip come off the rods. I played with the front sensor rods and it just spun round and round. I thought it was screwed on but wasnt.

You just have to pull it off with some pliers. I figured it would screw off as well

OP
OP
S

sickspeed

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Post #39
https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/thr...vel-the-rear-of-a-2015-up-gm-suv.79757/page-4

Get a 3” 10-24 machine screw, measure the length of your rear stock autoride sensor rods and adjust the length of the 10-24 machine screw accordingly.

That’d be first place I would start for just a 1” rear drop.

Yeah, That is kind of what I was going to do but was hoping for confirmation from someone who had done it. My guess is that if I shorten the rods by about 1/8" it should drop the back end down about an inch. Still haven't heard back from Norcal.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you just wanting auto ride not to come on so often? If so the screw or better yet threaded rod will do lowering without adjusting these makes it worse

OP
OP
S

sickspeed

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just want to lower the rear by about an inch and am pretty sure that shortening the rods will accomplish this.

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just want to lower the rear by about an inch and am pretty sure that shortening the rods will accomplish this.

I’m pretty sure you won’t get an inch. You will let the air out of the shock and get about 1/4”, give or take. The rear springs take over after that. You will also get a better ride since the air bag isn’t ialways nflated.

But if you want an inch, you will probably have to go with 2” drop rear springs and a 1” rear lift—giving 1” total drop (-2” + 1” = -1”).

Contact Tony.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ylwdogs