09 rear power source

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tekfire07

Reaction score
I am looking to install a flush mounted LED in my tailgate inside cover. So when the gate is open, I can light the area below the tailgate. I plan on installing a switch on the tailgate to control it. So where is my closest 12 volt power source? I was thinking the rear cigarette lighter. Might be the best option. Or dose anyone know of a closer 12 volt constant power source?
Thanks in advance for any help.
Erik

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had two 8 inch LEDs installed under my rear bumper to provide better backup lighting. I believe that the power source was the cigarette lighter power source in the rear. I have a manual switch under my dash, so that I can use these lights as work lights or for lighting assistance when loading stuff in the back of the truck., as well.

LED Strips - Close View.jpg

Backup LEDs Night On View.jpg

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep us posted, would love to see the finished product.
^^^X2^^^

I have been thinking about this as well, planning to place the switch next to the liftgate button on the bottom edge.
Might use rock lights from harborfreight and mount one on the backside of the liftglass latch, that would angle it towards the inside somewhat..
But two recessed lights near the sides might cover more area and prevent you from completely blocking the light when loading.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10