09 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Tow hook to shackle conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoe_SSV

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if there is a tow hook to shackle conversion for the Tahoes? I see them for 07-13 1500s. Are Tahoe a d Silverado tow hook set up the same?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if there is a tow hook to shackle conversion for the Tahoes? I see them for 07-13 1500s. Are Tahoe a d Silverado tow hook set up the same?
you would have to have something made, you could take a regular tow ring off and take it to a welder or machine shop and tell them what you need, take a shackle with you so they can take measurements and be sure it sticks out far enough to even get a shackle on.

OP
OP
Tahoe_SSV

Tahoe_SSV

Reaction score
Yea. That's about what I figured. I was hoping that someone on here has done something like this for an overland build or something similar.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's the advantage of shackles over tow ring? I searched but only found comparisons between tow hooks and shackles..

and why is this in the electronics forum? :p

intheburbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get a new bumper that would actually look good with shackles. Too much plastic on a stock Tahoe nose - shackles would look silly.

My son's Jeep...
Screenshot_20230416_004857_Gallery.jpg

Something like this...
2007-2014-chevrolet-tahoe-suburban-front-bumper-851261.jpg

Last edited:

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree, they look cool!

I think I see a reason, recovery straps. You can unbolt shackle and put strap eye through there and bolt it back on..
If you had both vehicles with the tow rings.. You can only loop one end with a strap..

Now you made me want some shackles!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree, they look cool!

I think I see a reason, recovery straps. You can unbolt shackle and put strap eye through there and bolt it back on..
If you had both vehicles with the tow rings.. You can only loop one end with a strap..

Now you made me want some shackles!
in that case 1 strap and 1 shackle is all it takes
feed strap thru both d-rings and connect with shackle
I have all these scenarios all worked out already.
you can also carry a shackle tow hitch, get the solid one, not a hollow one.
a ball hitch is not a solution people have died from them

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
rough country makes these for the silverado you "could" have something similar made by a machine shop, these will not fit or work on the gmt900's the mounting slot is different
ROUGH.jpg
ROUGH1.jpg
ROUGH2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts