08 Yukon denali air ride. I have the service suspension msg on the dash. I was told by a local shop my compressor was bad so i replaced it.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Camaro71

Reaction score
08 Yukon denali. Service suspension msg on the dash. I was told by a local shop my compressor was bad. So I replaced it. Not the problem. It doesnt cycle when the key is turned on. Both rear level sensors have been replaced a yr ago. If I jump the relay plug it will run. Anyone have this issue? Thanks

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

What brand of compressor did you buy?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
08 Yukon denali. Service suspension msg on the dash. I was told by a local shop my compressor was bad. So I replaced it. Not the problem. It doesnt cycle when the key is turned on. Both rear level sensors have been replaced a yr ago. If I jump the relay plug it will run. Anyone have this issue? Thanks
need more details...
do the rear shocks hold air? they should inflate and stay inflated for days or even weeks, they should also still be inflated after a drive and not cycling the key
there are other specific things the pump will do like release some pressure after sitting parked for a minute or so and it will also release some pressure just before it turns on to inflate the shock bladders. It should also kick on if you have the key on or engine running and add a good amount weight to the rear end.
also to be more specific the service suspension message usually comes on because of a shock sensor or maybe a ride height sensor, you might want to check all 4 corners on both.
a tech2 or other ""high end" scanner like a snap on, etc will give you the specific code that is triggering the error otherwise it's a guessing game, a run of the mill obd scanner will not read the code, the code is a bcm code.

OP
OP
C

Camaro71

Reaction score
The shocks hold air. I havent found any leaks. I dont have a scanner. So trying to do this on my own. I guess I need to go back to the local shop. Thanks for the reply.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Dorman compressor does not cycle on/off in a test mode function every time that you start the truck, like an OEM compressor does.

OP
OP
C

Camaro71

Reaction score
I just checked the bags & both are flat so it has to be calling for inflation. Not sure what to check next?

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could have something to do with the Doorman compressor since it operates like Joseph was explaining. Was there a big difference in price between Doorman and GM part. Do not pay Dealer prices, check Rock Auto, Ebay and Amazon. Good luck.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have ran both Dorman and Arnott compressors on my vehicles with no issue.

Have you ever heard the new one run? Have you checked the fuse?
When I’ve swapped compressors, they came with a new relay that goes under the hood. Did that get swapped?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons