08 Yukon denali air ride. I have the service suspension msg on the dash. I was told by a local shop my compressor was bad so i replaced it.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

Camaro71

Reaction score
I have ran both Dorman and Arnott compressors on my vehicles with no issue.

Have you ever heard the new one run? Have you checked the fuse?
When I’ve swapped compressors, they came with a new relay that goes under the hood. Did that get swapped?
I didnt get a relay with the new compressor. I have bench tested the original one & it's functional. All fuses are good.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did not receive a new relay with my Dorman air compressor purchase, and while it does not go through the test cycle each time that I start the truck, it is functioning as it should with respect to inflating the shocks as needed.

Just to be sure... Do you have the electrical wires connected to all 4 shocks?

OP
OP
C

Camaro71

Reaction score
I did not receive a new relay with my Dorman air compressor purchase, and while it does not go through the test cycle each time that I start the truck, it is functioning as it should with respect to inflating the shocks as needed.

Just to be sure... Do you have the electrical wires connected to all 4 shocks?
Yes & I did discover today the bags are leaking. So new shocks are on the way. Hopefully 1 of the shock sensors was messed up & not letting the compressor run. Who knows. Time will tell. Thanks for the reply.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
There is some helpful info here.

OP
OP
C

Camaro71

Reaction score
I replaced the relay today. Still no luck. My new gm shocks will be deliverd tomorrow (ouch ! $$$). Does anyone know if the electronic sensors in the shocks can cause an issue with the compressor not turning on?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I replaced the relay today. Still no luck. My new gm shocks will be deliverd tomorrow (ouch ! $$$). Does anyone know if the electronic sensors in the shocks can cause an issue with the compressor not turning on?
It is the difference in reference voltage readings between the front and rear ride height sensors (on the suspension arms) that control whether or not the suspension system calls for the air compressor to turn on to adjust rear ride height.

The electronics within the shocks are not related at all to the ride height adjustment. The yaw sensor provides most of the input for the electronic control system that connects electronically to the shocks and adjusts their stiffness.

OP
OP
C

Camaro71

Reaction score
Well the saga of my air ride suspension is solved. I replaced both shocks & now the pump cycles when I turn the key on. $700.00 later & Finally its working! Thanks everyone for the help, greatly appreciated !

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you for posting the solution to your issue. Much appreciated.

If you have a bi-directional scanner, reset the automatic level control (ALC), just to be sure that your reference points are correct for level operation.