08 Denali xl Mtr mount, oil pan gasket etc...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

XLpracticool

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Picked up a 08 Denali xl with 99k for a good deal. Dlr serviced every 6k since new and pretty clean. Need to replace drivers Mtr mount and oil pan gasket. I've seen some great threads for doing both on here. Question is since I'll already have the diff out is there anything else I should do while it's out of the way? Also coming up on 100k so I'll do IMG_5830.JPG standard plugs, wires, trans, transfer and diff fluids. Any input is appreciated, great forum here.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
If your dropping the oil pan there is no better time to do both motor mounts and at the very least the O-ring on the oil pump pickup tube. If it were me I would change the oil pump while your in there because its much easier to do with the pan off. I recently did all this on my Suburban LTZ with the 5.3l and I used the Mellings 10355 High volume/High pressure oil pump.

Oil pressure before was 40psi cold/idle and about 25psi hot/idle.

Oil pressure after new pump is just above 60psi cold/idle just below 60psi hot/idle.

My truck has 188,*** miles on it BTW.

I also replaced the timing chain with an LS2 chain while I was in there.

My 2 cents but its cheap insurance while your that far into it.

OP
OP
X

XLpracticool

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks kbuskill. I'll grab one of those o-rings. Timing chain and oil pump a little further than I'm comfortable going at this point (plus only 99k on it and making close to 60psi warm at idle). If dealer has a rt Mtr mount I'll grab one tomorrow. Only cost 99 for driver side with discount on work account.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chiefable