08 6.2 broken valve ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eryn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So i bought what i thought was a clean pretty well maintained 08 Denali 6.2 a couple months back, Its a non AFM motor with 180k. The only thing i noticed was from cold start to operating temp the motor tapped pretty good. Saw a lot of threads where people said it was pretty common in GM trucks so i wasn't alarmed.

It drove perfect the whole time and never skipped a beat! Pulling out of a gas station the other day i stabbed the gas to get out of another cars way and i heard a pop and it started flashing a CEL and missing bad,

After scanning it had cyl 1 and 4 miss, Thought it was injectors because coils/plugs were fine, Swapped injectors and miss stayed with same cylindes. Hoping maybe it was a valve spring we took the valve cover off and a valve was badly broken.

Anyone ever seen anything like this before? Was planning on inspecting piston and if it seems ok was either going to try a valve if heads arent wrecked or a new or used head, Any help would be appreciated Ty

View attachment 199146

NCM_0710.JPG

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sylentnite

Latest posts