07 Z71 2/3 drop, question?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedRocker

Back in Black
Reaction score
I installed a pair of BT adjustable front struts and the BT 5305 springs in the rear with a 1 inch spacer. I have measured time and time again throughout this process, even before the install, and every time noticed the front passenger side is 1/4 inch higher than the front drivers side. Perhaps this is due to wear on a 80k mile vehicle. Since I'm not going for the absolutes lowest drop this kit can offer, I decided to place a 10mm ring on the driver's side and a 8mm ring on the passenger - this brought the difference down to just under 1/8 inch now. My question is if I wanted the FR and the FL to be dead on level, couldn't I simply add a small shim between the strut mount and the lower arm on the drivers side? I think it would be a simple and straightforward fix. Opinions anyone?

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that's a great idea. These trucks always sit lower on the driver side so don't think there is something wrong with your particular vehicle.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What Alex said.

Also, I cut the right rear Belltech spacer in half (1/2"), and installed it along with the full 1" left rear spacer. The truck looks pretty even -- but, I've also had to do a lot of messing with the autoride links (which you don't have, I don't think).

Consider cutting down one of your spacers. Just note that you'll also have to ream out the center some so that it sits properly on the spring mount.

OP
OP
RedRocker

RedRocker

Back in Black
Reaction score
You are correct, I do not have auto-ride to mess with. Actually I have a 2 inch billet spacer on its way to my house now. The 1 inch spacer currently installed has me sagging about 5/8 inch low in the rear. I like your idea of modifying the right side rear spacer, however don't know how hard that's gonna be since its billet. Once I see how it all settles in I can come up with a way to dial it in just right.

dmar13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
show pictures of what you got! Im loking to do the same with my 07 z71

VTburban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you like your struts? I'm considering adding those to my existing kit at some point.

OP
OP
RedRocker

RedRocker

Back in Black
Reaction score
How do you like your struts? I'm considering adding those to my existing kit at some point.

For me the strut was a great option. I replaced struts with 80k miles on them so from that aspect alone my ride quality improved - plus I get the +/- 2 inch adjustability. Another reason I went with the adjustable strut is if I decide to sell down the road, I can always raise it to back factory height and slap in the old rear springs. I will try to post a pic and before/after numbers later this afternoon.

VTburban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet! I have the BT 2" spindles, but would like to squeak another inch or so out of the front, and struts is one of two realistic options for me. good to know.

OP
OP
RedRocker

RedRocker

Back in Black
Reaction score
Sorry for the crappy pics, didn't feel like washing it up right now.

Before: 35.75 front 36.75 rear (rear 1 inch higher than front)
utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTEwNjMwLTAwMDExLmpwZw.jpg

After: 34.125 front 34.25 rear (rear 1/8 inch higher than front)
utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTIwNTE5LTAwMTc4LmpwZw.jpg

Last edited:

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks Good! I really like that color lowered

Forum statistics

Threads
Members