'07 Yukon XL - the makeover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hbr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had the Yukon since new and love this truck. I did a few things when I first got it, Denali grille, esky rack, nav unit with a lockpick, 2300K HID fogs and some factory 20s.

I feel bad I've neglected her for a couple years and think she is due a makeover.

I started with wrapping the ugly wood trim with some carbon 3M vinyl (got that idea from this board......thanks). It turned out better than I imagined.

DSC02735.jpg

I took the mouldings off the other day also (no pics.....but get an eraser wheel LOL). I am thinking I may add the LTZs with the chrome back on her, just want to see how she turns out.

I put a new grille on today. It is the look I was wanting, but quality is lacking and I'm sure it is $180 I'll be throwing away before long.

DSC02733.jpg

I have a few more mods coming over the next month or so, a 2/3 drop coming from Tony, some custom forged 22s and retrofit HIDs, along with replacing the ugly boards with something else.

I'll update the progress here.......

xander569

Reaction score
Where are you getting your retrofit HIDs??? Any pics of what this will look like on the Yukons?

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lookin good! Post more pics especially of the exterior! Retrofit projectors with Hid's would be nice. Also the oem Denali grille looks like its way better quality than that new grill you got IMO :/

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice beginning mods. theretrofitsource.com website has some retrofitted yukon headlights if u want to see the outcome of them.

Sent from my iPhone 4g using Tapatalk

OP
OP
hbr

hbr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The retrofits will be from http://blackflamecustoms.com. I was concerned about adjustability but these retain factory adjustments.

Felix...........definitely agree on the grill. Looking for a replacement already.

Hoping that Tony ships the kit soon......would like to get her dropped before the wheels get done.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah nice! Since I don't live anywhere near any custom headlight shops, that's where I'll be getting mine from too for my avalanche! It looks so awesome from the pics on their website. Be sure to post pics when you get em in :)

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We need full body pics!! :popcorn:

:D

OP
OP
hbr

hbr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Felix..........I agree, just ordered them. 2 weeks lead time.

Jacob..........I'll get some today :)

OP
OP
hbr

hbr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Couple full body shots, will be good reference prior to lowering and wheels. Still haven't decided on what boards if any..............

DSC02740.jpg

DSC02739.jpg

The wheels are 2 weeks out. Color matched faces and barrels, chrome lip.

m15.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aye_rod