'07 Yukon XL Denali rear door unlock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BSarteSr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am back to working on the rear doors unlocking (or better said that they don't) on my '07 Yukon XL Denali.

When I press the unlock button the 2 rear doors do not unlock, posted about this already and still working on it!

When I press the unlock button (either on the door button or on the remote) I can hear a relay clicking. So today I took the dash apart enough to see the relay (see attached pictures). It is on the back side of the fuse panel. Took it out and on the top of it has 12088575 and looks like it is 25 amp. On the side of it is 6182. It is 2 prong, tested it and has good continuity.

I also tested the fuse (15 amp) in the fuse block that says "door unlock" and that is good.

I am again at a loss as to why my PITA back doors will not unlock (but they will lock just fine).

Any input PLEASE!

Attachments

• IMG_20230502_112209577.jpg
    IMG_20230502_112209577.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20230502_112230325.jpg
    IMG_20230502_112230325.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 4

Airman68

Reaction score
My philosiphy is most problems are not complicated so look for the simple solution firast. First thing I would ask is if you checked to see if the unlock signal was getting to the back door. Could be a wiring issue or the unlock hardware in the door is malfuntioning. If your getting the unlock voltage to the unlock mechanism, then it's a hardware issue.

dustyb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've had the same issue for quite a few years as well. Both rear doors would lock, but only unlock intermittently (usually after pressing unlock multiple times). It seemed to be worse in the winter. They've finally completely stopped unlocking, even with excessive unlock button pressing. You can hear a relay clicking very loudly when pressing the unlock button.

I tried replacing an actuator a while ago, but that didn't work. I know actuators are a common problem on these, but it's hard to imagine that both doors acting exactly the same way would be the actuators in each individual door. I've checked the wiring in the B pillars and those seem fine. Fuses are all good. I'm not sure how to test if the proper unlock signal is getting to the lock actuators.

I'm debating whether or not I should purchase a new instrument cluster fuse/junction box where the relay is located.

OP
OP
BSarteSr

BSarteSr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had the same issue for quite a few years as well. Both rear doors would lock, but only unlock intermittently (usually after pressing unlock multiple times). It seemed to be worse in the winter. They've finally completely stopped unlocking, even with excessive unlock button pressing. You can hear a relay clicking very loudly when pressing the unlock button.

I tried replacing an actuator a while ago, but that didn't work. I know actuators are a common problem on these, but it's hard to imagine that both doors acting exactly the same way would be the actuators in each individual door. I've checked the wiring in the B pillars and those seem fine. Fuses are all good. I'm not sure how to test if the proper unlock signal is getting to the lock actuators.

I'm debating whether or not I should purchase a new instrument cluster fuse/junction box where the relay is located.
Yes, I have done all the same as you but these PITA rear door locks will not UNLOCK!

It just boggles my brain as to why the fronts work fine and the rears will lock but not unlock. I doubt that it is a wiring problem since it is both back doors.

Any GM Engineer's in the crowd?

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure it's probably your VASS module!

Sorry just kidding I have no idea what/where the VASS is.. but it's in the wiring diagrams that nobody can understand! And it does connect to your doorlocks..
rearlock.jpg
See you have the Lock/Unlock relay and the Unlock relay.. makes perfect sense right?
Looks like tan and grey wires to the motor.. something must flip polarity or something something..
headhurts.. naptime..

About the relay you found..it maybe your signal flasher.
Keep us posted, would like to have an idea how the doorlocks work!

Last edited:

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going towards the simple route, is the child lock engaged for some reason? Ther ususis a little rocker switch I think on the door panel? Maybe I'm wrong, but thought there was a manual lockout

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang, sorry for the fat fingers..........again

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That's not a relay, it's a circuit breaker. Relays need at least 4 contact points, and sometimes have more.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's not a relay, it's a circuit breaker. Relays need at least 4 contact points, and sometimes have more.
Ah.. makes sense why it has 25 on there.. Thank you Fless!

That circuit breaker is for the left door or doors.

Both rear doors are connected to the same circuit, Fuses for unlck1 and lck1..

lck2 and unlck2 fuse is for the endgate? Seperate relay for liftgate, so I'm not sure what endgate is, seperate liftgate lock maybe, but it is also connected to your doorlock relays. So endgate should be locking but not unlocking for you as well.

Looks like both lock and unlock relays are normally grounded, and when you hit the switch, one connects power to lock, or the other connects power to unlock. They utilize the ground of the opposite relay.

looks like relays are on built in the pcb in the instrument fuse panel. .

Last edited:
OP
OP
BSarteSr

BSarteSr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going towards the simple route, is the child lock engaged for some reason? Ther ususis a little rocker switch I think on the door panel? Maybe I'm wrong, but thought there was a manual lockout
Checked that, turned it on then off again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts