Votes: 20 57.1%
  • Gibson

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • MBRP

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Other

Votes: 5 14.3%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Davey

Reaction score
I am looking for a good cat back system for my XL Denali. I have been looking (Magnaflow, Gibson, MBRP) and just don't know so I am turning to you guys and maybe some of you have them installed already and can give me a first hand thoughts. Here is what I am looking for:

Little to no more cabin noise than stock. (Thanks to the Wife!)
More POWER
More MPG
More Noise OUTSIDE, Love the stock sound if it was just a little louder and breathed a little more.

One that caught my attention was a company on Ebay selling a Gibson catback with the K&N 57-series intake for $600... Sounds Good...?

I am not looking to spend a whole lot. (Thinking $400-$600 range). I am very mechanically incline and will be installing it myself so not looking at any labor costs. Let me know what you guys think! Thanks, Davey

rlschmidt14

Reaction score
I have the gibson dual extreme (on my Tahoe), and it is not much louder in the cabin but definitely louder than stock. Perfect combination of increased sound, looks, power. My buddy had a magnaflow which was a bit louder.

I really like my gibson because there is NO drone on highway, which is one of the biggest turn offs I have.

jd08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe look into the SLP resonator delete pipe and tip. It does give you a deeper and loader sound. It helps also because it eliminates the resonator on the end of the stock exhaust. They run round $100 for it.

I like mine and glad I just did this. It is just like stock cruising around but when you get on it, it gives you a nice rumble. My wife kind of laughed at the stock exhaust sound and when I put the SLP kit on she likes it alot better now.

TXDENALI

Reaction score
I have installed the GM performance (Sport) installed on my 10 Denali, it sounds really good. If I were to go and buy another exhaust I would have gotten the Touring model. I picked this up for 350.00 shipped so it was hard to pass up!

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the MBRP from someone on here and it sounds GREAT. The person I bought it from said he called MBRP and swapped mufflers for a quieter one, so might want to talk to MBRP before you buy.

Big Buttons

The SS Burb
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a flomaster super 44 on my truck with the tips comming out the side before the tire and mine isnt that much louder at idle and the drone isnt that bad but when i get on it, it really screams.

OP
OP
D

Davey

Reaction score
Thanks for the post... keep them coming... still torn, sound clips just dont give the justice.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a flomaster super 44 on my truck with the tips comming out the side before the tire and mine isnt that much louder at idle and the drone isnt that bad but when i get on it, it really screams.

Do you have sound clips of what it sounds like? Pics of the setup?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan