Votes: 20 57.1%
  • Gibson

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • MBRP

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Other

Votes: 5 14.3%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Other... The Corsa mufflers will provide good outside sound and be quiet (no drone) inside. As for performance and better mileage, it will be minimial and similar with all flow thorugh types (without baffles).

BTW, I have the Magnaflow and there is drone at ~2,500 to 3,000 rpm. To me it sounds great inside and out, and I do not mind the drone.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have had Flowmaster on every single truck I've owned and love it but for the Burb I'm thinking about going a different route just to change it up a little bit so I was thinking about Maganflows. Do Magnaflows have different levels of mufflers like Flowmaster does with the 70,50, and 40 series mufflers? (Obviously, they offer more than that but wanted to simplify my post a bit)

jimw

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
MBRP on my Escalade ESV. I'm please with it besides a little cabin nose/vibration during takeoff at 2300 RPM.

doubletapdrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know if magnaflow's cat-backs have different muffler options but they have different mufflers if you are going to build your own system. That's the brand I had on my 92 Yukon (5.7L) and 02 ext. cab (5.3L) and I loved both of them. Very deep and mellow at idle with no drone on the highway but sounded ferocious when you nailed it.
The Yukon had a flowmaster on it before and I much preferred the magnaflow.

I don't think you'll pick up much power on an 07 denali with a cat-back though. The factory exhaust is quite large and appears to be mandrel bent. You'll change the sound though. Headers would be a better route for more power methinks. I've been considering OBX headers since they are $500 versus $1,000+ for the other brands, and they are stainless. The problem is I can't seem to find many reviews or before/after power measurements on the 6.2L.

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know if magnaflow's cat-backs have different muffler options but they have different mufflers if you are going to build your own system. That's the brand I had on my 92 Yukon (5.7L) and 02 ext. cab (5.3L) and I loved both of them. Very deep and mellow at idle with no drone on the highway but sounded ferocious when you nailed it.
The Yukon had a flowmaster on it before and I much preferred the magnaflow.

I don't think you'll pick up much power on an 07 denali with a cat-back though. The factory exhaust is quite large and appears to be mandrel bent. You'll change the sound though. Headers would be a better route for more power methinks. I've been considering OBX headers since they are $500 versus $1,000+ for the other brands, and they are stainless. The problem is I can't seem to find many reviews or before/after power measurements on the 6.2L.

The stock exhaust is a 3.5" pipe. It appears mandrel bent to me too, but some of the bends crimped and probably ended up restricting airflow. My MBRP looked flawless in that aspect, sounds better too.

TahoeZO6

Reaction score
Maybe look into the SLP resonator delete pipe and tip. It does give you a deeper and loader sound. It helps also because it eliminates the resonator on the end of the stock exhaust. They run round $100 for it.

I like mine and glad I just did this. It is just like stock cruising around but when you get on it, it gives you a nice rumble. My wife kind of laughed at the stock exhaust sound and when I put the SLP kit on she likes it alot better now.

Do you have any vids that you can show us and/or make for us, so that we can hear the difference?

Thanks! :Handshake:

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMO just removing the resonator is still too quiet, just barely noticable.

Garret813

Reaction score
I'm in the same position regarding exhaust systems. So many choices out there I'm still not sure which one to go with. Haven't seen many of y'all talking about SLP Performance. Anyone ever try their catback system?

shundal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have the gibson on my 07 tahoe and there is absolutely no drone at all. It sounds great inside, barely louder than stock, but outside and when you get on it it sounds great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar