07 Yukon driver's power seat help?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shane

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My driver's power seat will do everything, but forward and backward. It will click like it wants too, but nothing. I checked the track for obstructions and disconnected people wire behind seat panel. Any ideas on more troubleshooting?

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Test light to motor power wire connector- fwd, back. switch to other wire-fwd, back. If these check out motor bad.4 tests, 2 light on.

goldata81

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've got a similar thing happening with my 07 Yukon driver's side. In the most forward position it seems to operate fine but as the seat is moved back it acts like it is binding. I removed the seat, disconnected all the connectors from the memory module underneath the seat and jumpered 12V from another battery I had to the fwd/aft motor(tan & light green wires). With the seat out(upside down on the ground) it had no issues at all moving through the whole range several times. I then set the seat in the vehicle and repeated the full range of seat motion with jumpered power and still no issues. I then tightened down the seat to the floor, and again used jumpered power and after several fwd/aft cycles the seat began to act like it was binding up again. What I found was that if the 2 rear bolts that mount the seat frame to the floor were backed off about a full turn, the "binding" seemed to improve. I used jumpered power for all my testing to rule out any possible issues with the switch and memory module. It's been about a week and the binding has seemed to stop with the 2 rear bolts will not fully torqued down. As a bonus with the seat out, I found 27 cents and finally got around to fixing my broken lumbar planetary gear box.
View attachment 277323

20210423_082256_30.jpg

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^Use a couple washers on top and tighten that mount. That's where I thought the 27 cents were going. Great Diagnostics.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonnybalo

Latest posts