07 Tahoe ltz lights flickering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slimgutta225

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Replaced my stock alternator with a 270 amp alternator. My alternator guy changed my regulator to where it'll work without hooking up the harness. Everything works fine.lights not flickering anymore and holding 14.5 volts and runs better. Now my problem is my battery light is on my dash due to the harness not being hooked up. Any help besides changing the regulator to a two pin?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Frasier

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This issue led to great frustration for me and I wanted to share my results here. All of my lights (interior, headlights, gauges, etc.) were intermittently flickering very badly. I checked the grounds that were easy to get to, cleaned them and it did not fix the problem. A week ago I replaced the alternator, and all is fixed! I couldn't believe it, but it worked like a champ.

gtp1500

Reaction score
Before either one of you changed your alternator were you still at times putting out 14.5v?

mr tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im having the same exact problem not sure its the alternator though

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Posted a long breakdown of tests and information in Mr tahoe's similar thread if anyone is interested in reading it regarding this issue.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Either way several kinds of faults in the battery/charging system can cause numerous electrical issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz