07 Tahoe LTZ in need of new struts. Looking to replace the auto ride stuff.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mussin

Reaction score
I'm looking to put on a set of ebay struts on my 07 LTZ with the resistor to trick the computer. A lot are saying not with flex fuel models? Mine is flex fuel. Has anyone done this? Just want to get the right ones. Thanks!

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Flex fuel model has nothing to do with the suspension.

My '08 Burb LTZ with flex fuel had the Z55 suspension and I replaced it all and used resistors without issue.

3.9 ohm 25 watt resistors.

Rule Andrews

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

My '08 Burb LTZ with flex fuel had the Z55 suspension and I replaced it all and used resistors without issue.

I'm in the same boat with my Z55 suspension, did you go with a conversion kit?

kbuskill

Reaction score
You could say that... lol

I installed a 4/6 lowering kit and I retained the "auto leveling" system in the rear but got rid of the electronic dampening shocks/struts.

Baggerjim

Reaction score

I am getting ready to do my 08 LTZ Tahoe the same way. Do I have to put in resisters, or can I pull the fuse for the system? I have already replaced the front struts with the by-pass connector. I get most of my parts from RockAuto. Do I need a spring compressor or can I just drop the rear end far enough to just drop the springs? Thanks.

kbuskill

Reaction score
I am getting ready to do my 08 LTZ Tahoe the same way. Do I have to put in resisters, or can I pull the fuse for the system? I have already replaced the front struts with the by-pass connector. I get most of my parts from RockAuto. Do I need a spring compressor or can I just drop the rear end far enough to just drop the springs? Thanks.

I'm not certain what fuse you would pull that would keep you from getting the service suspension warning on the DIC.

You can just drop the rear axle and pull the springs.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can pull a fuse(s) to "delete" the ALC (Automatic Level Control) if that system has failed, but you can't just pull a fuse for the Autoride system. You have to trick the computer with the resistors or shocks/struts that have the resistors built into them ("bypass" shocks). The 3.9 Ohm/25 watt resistors are the same thing and much cheaper, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rddixon

Latest posts