07 Denali XL suspension overhaul

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kapitein

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I know there are a million threads out there, but to be honest the more I read the more im lost.

I have an 07 Denali XL AWD. 173k miles. The suspension is worn out. Doesnt produce any codes and the rear end still airs up, but it doesnt ride correctly (definitely not in the front end) and it all needs refreshing.

What would you go for?

I dont even mind a mild lift or lowering, but stock height is good too. Importantly I DO want to maintain both the magnetic ride on the front and the airride on the rear.....

Does anyone just make a complete replacement kit that includes everything?

Love to hear your thoughts... thanks!

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I know there are a million threads out there, but to be honest the more I read the more im lost.

I have an 07 Denali XL AWD. 173k miles. The suspension is worn out. Doesnt produce any codes and the rear end still airs up, but it doesnt ride correctly (definitely not in the front end) and it all needs refreshing.

What would you go for?

I dont even mind a mild lift or lowering, but stock height is good too. Importantly I DO want to maintain both the magnetic ride on the front and the airride on the rear.....

Does anyone just make a complete replacement kit that includes everything?

Love to hear your thoughts... thanks!

I have not found a quality kit. My own preference is GM OE parts.

I can provide a list of part and part numbers but you'll have to double check them to your vehicle and of course availability and decide what you want to replace and re-use.

1651606081013.png

OP
OP
Kapitein

Kapitein

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not found a quality kit. My own preference is GM OE parts.

I can provide a list of part and part numbers but you'll have to double check them to your vehicle and of course availability and decide what you want to replace and re-use.

View attachment 369504
Thanks for that, appreciated!

Ive also been reading this awesome thread:

I got to admit, im doubting whether to try and keep the Z55 fronts is a good idea or not.... I have zero DTCs set at the moment, but for all I know the modules dont work etc... I have no access to a Tech2 (and im Europe, so I cant imagine finding one is going to be easy)....

Maybe it makes more sense to do an electrical delete on the front and keep the air on the rear, considering my geographical circumstances!

My front shocks are definitely stuck in hard mode, of that I have no doubt.... but I can also see all of the electrical connectors etc, so im pretty sure the system is complete.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for that, appreciated!

Ive also been reading this awesome thread:

I got to admit, im doubting whether to try and keep the Z55 fronts is a good idea or not.... I have zero DTCs set at the moment, but for all I know the modules dont work etc... I have no access to a Tech2 (and im Europe, so I cant imagine finding one is going to be easy)....

Maybe it makes more sense to do an electrical delete on the front and keep the air on the rear, considering my geographical circumstances!

My front shocks are definitely stuck in hard mode, of that I have no doubt.... but I can also see all of the electrical connectors etc, so im pretty sure the system is complete.
You can buy a Tech-2 from Chinese vendors (that's where they are made). Check out Chinacardiags for example.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I performed this suspension overhaul last year, and it was definitely worth it. Keep both the electrical components and the air components. I strongly recommend GM/AcDelco replacement pasts, as there are 'equivalent' (NOT!!) parts available on the market, but the quality is questionable.

If you perform any work on your truck, you definitely need a Tech 2, and as @swathdiver recommended, you can purchase one for around $300US or less. My Tech 2 has saved me literally thousands of dollars with its diagnostic capabilities.

Here is an example: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...f16516839877663330ef7fc|12000021655410125|sea

Tech 2.jpg

And the shipping is free from this vendor.