07-14 model Tahoe air/environmental controls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the environmental controls (heat/AC in the front), the dial/wheel ones are exchangeable with the 'digital' ones?

thanks,

Ron

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never really dug much deeper into but I think they are completely different systems, mine is the digital for instance and also has "automatic" so I can have it essentially off and it will still maintain a ambient temperature that is set on the controls.

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never really dug much deeper into but I think they are completely different systems, mine is the digital for instance and also has "automatic" so I can have it essentially off and it will still maintain a ambient temperature that is set on the controls.

right, that's probably just some sensor that changes the airflow 'flaps' to keep the temperature stable (somewhat). But what I meant was, assuming that the car's "main harness' isn't different, but basically the same, the part that connects the controls to the harness (probably a plug on both ends, is just different for the digital controls compared to the analogue ones.

techbiker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
right, that's probably just some sensor that changes the airflow 'flaps' to keep the temperature stable (somewhat). But what I meant was, assuming that the car's "main harness' isn't different, but basically the same, the part that connects the controls to the harness (probably a plug on both ends, is just different for the digital controls compared to the analogue ones.

Ron, please update us if you convert your Tahoe to automatic controls. My dash is in a fairly sorry state so I might eventually replace it. If I do, it would be great to convert to auto climate controls as well. Manual isn't the end of the world but I am lazy lol. It would be great if you could post a guide!

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ron, please update us if you convert your Tahoe to automatic controls. My dash is in a fairly sorry state so I might eventually replace it. If I do, it would be great to convert to auto climate controls as well. Manual isn't the end of the world but I am lazy lol. It would be great if you could post a guide!

I will do that, basically what I am doing is 'upgrading' the basics. So I added the DIC, center console, etc. basic stuff that is well known here. I ordered the Nav-Radio, will do the steering wheel, and do the climate control stuff (if possible. I'll take pics and add comments. (These SSV Tahoes are fun/easy to upgrade, I think.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo