07-12 Escalade Lowered Suspension Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Top Heavy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Initially I had started a thread over on Cadillac Owners Forum, and I have had almost zero response - what I have had didn't really help.

I will copy a few of my posts from my thread in hope that there is someone on here with experience with the removal of the factory air shocks in the Escalade and Denali..............

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...um-2007/281311-07-12-strut-shock-options.html

Thanks!

---------- Post added at 08:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 AM ----------

I'm looking to get rid if the factory struts/shocks, as they leave me wanting something with a better feel and reaction.

Essentially the rear air levelling and front/rear valving are not to my liking.

Is there an option to move to a B6 Bilstein version for a Tahoe and disable the factory inputs?

Or are there any other options that you know of the make this vehicle have a more positive feel?

---------- Post added at 08:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 AM ----------

Nothing is wrong with my truck suspension, I just don't like the ride. I find the shocks/struts dont control the suspension or road as well as they should. I have had a few SRT8 vehicles, and I really liked the ride they had, my SRT8 Jeep has Bilstein's and I like them, I dont expect the Escalade to handle or feel like a Jeep SRT8 but something that reacts better and has a more positive feel would be nice.

---------- Post added at 08:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 AM ----------

http://www.belltech.com/products/bel...-kits-121.html

Anyone have experience with this kit?

----------

http://www.mcgaughystore.com/mcgaugh...it-part-30009/

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ei...model/escalade

Or a combination of these with Bilstein B6 Shocks?

As stated previously, I'm really wanting to upgrade the feel and increase the the performance of the shocks.

Another option would be to get information on the front/rear shocks at full extension, full compression, and static load - then use that data to find a suitable replacement.

The nice think about the Magaughy's kit is I believe there is no need to modify the shock length, am I correct?

---------- Post added at 08:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 AM ----------

I show that there is a B6 shock for a 2008 GMC Yukon (same frame/components full size SUV as our Escalade), I can dig and double check the numbers/sizing- though will this work for a conversion?

Front - #24-186926
Rear - #24-186933

Does anyone have any clue how to obtain the Arnott Bilstein shock specs for comparison to these?

Essentially as mentioned previously - extended, compressed and static.........

Getting closer to ordering, just need info back from MaGaughy's then I'll order the drop kit, and Eibach Anti-Roll bars. The only pressing items then are better dampers and the Arnott module.

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ive driven a few srt8 jeeps are you looking for a Firmer suspension? I thought the Srt8 was stiff IMHO

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
arnotts front and rear shocks are good id go with those.

Endlinks id get the rear djms have them on my escalade.

Im running this kit on my escalade and corners great im very happy with it and tows perfectly fine
http://www.tbssowners.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=180

Any questions just holler back and ive done the above kit on a few customers trucks with the arnott replacements the new bilstein version they have is stiffer than oem

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Top Heavy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know the Escalade will never handle like my Jeep SRT8, though I want more feed back and a positive feel. I hate the way the Cadillac feels on the high way, it sort of floats.

The SRT8 vehicles may seem "stiff" or ""harsh" to some, but I like it. To me they feel positive and nimble considering the heft of them. I only want a significantly better feel with far less body roll in my Escalade.

My big worry about going to a conversion "kit" is my demands and expectations as a driver are much different than those of most drivers - a kit is meant to appease 90% +/- of the populace and I know what I want is in the leftover 10% +/-.

I don't want to do this 3 times until it's right.

Has anyone worked with Arnott, would they be opposed to substituting the standard shocks to the B6 if there was the ability to do so?

OP
OP
T

Top Heavy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
no prob hd front/rear shocks bilsteins will make it stiffer and then use the resistors to block out the dash light and your done.

OP
OP
T

Top Heavy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Will this package install easily, and effectively change the characteristics of the handling of my Escalade?

Arnott
Suspension Control Module Override

Bilstein B6 Shocks
Front - #24-186926
Rear - #24-186933

TBSSOwners.com
07 UP 2/3-4 Lowering/Cornering Package for Autoride
Front Belltech 2" drop spindles
Rear Belltech 4 inch springs
Rear Belltech Autoride links
Rear Belltech 1 inch spacers
Rear DJM Endlink kit
Rear DJM bumpstops
Front/Rear DJM Swaybars

Is there anything missing that I should be taking into account, as I use my vehicle daily and cannot afford to be without it Monday-Friday.

Does anyone have a similar set up that could chime in and offer information on their experience?

I should probably add that I have 26" wheels on the truck in the summer, which only moderately increases the feel - though I find the factory suspension has difficulty in being able to accurately control the wheels vs. factory wheels.

IMG_2584_zps23a49896.jpg

IMG_2582_zpsfc5caf6e.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmithMO