06 2WD Tahoe Leveling dilemma

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
E

edgil1985

Reaction score
You guys are a lot of help with making my decision. On the second kit u posted it come with shock extenders for the front and the back but I was planning on getting new shocks so I wouldn't need those. Any recommendations on a place good place to look for those?

Screwd up 6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys are a lot of help with making my decision. On the second kit u posted it come with shock extenders for the front and the back but I was planning on getting new shocks so I wouldn't need those. Any recommendations on a place good place to look for those?

Check out that guys ebay store, he sells them with and without shock extenders. I went with bilstein 5100s when I had my lift. Cheapest I found mine was summit racing at $170 a pair shipped. I know some guys on other forums like shockwarehouse....Im weird and a bit bias on Summit racing as I have used them for years with no problems on anything.

OP
OP
E

edgil1985

Reaction score
Yeah I think that's the shocks I was looking at from the site I found the daystars from. I can look a little better now that I'm at home and can get on the laptop. Any good things about the Pro-Comp shocks?

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

edgil1985

Reaction score
I looked at the Bilsteins and that's a little more than I want to spend at the moment and Pro Comp is a pretty well known company and around what I have to spend.

OP
OP
E

edgil1985

Reaction score
What about front coil spacers that go underneath the coils? I found some on eBay but know nothing about them.

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your truck doesn't have front coils so don't worry about a set. You might want spacers for the rear if you decide to go higher.

OP
OP
E

edgil1985

Reaction score
I just measured the height front and back. 35" in the front and 36 1/2" in the back. The numbers are closer than I thought. I bought some rough country keys from a guy at work for $20 and they are brand new. So I've got a start on it. Now shocks and rear spacers!

Screwd up 6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rough country will allow a tad bit more crank than stock, but if you plan to do anything over .75" spacer in the rear, the RCX keys will not let the front match. You will just be wasting your time to redo them with ford keys or something later.

Unless you are content with very small lift overall.

OP
OP
E

edgil1985

Reaction score
Oh so there are actually ones called ford keys? I thought that was just a general term used for them.