05Single's virgin build thread. 03 tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
05Single

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I wouldn't toss that grill yet. Gotta be a way to patch it up to make it work. The 2 pieces that are broken look like they can be lined up. Maybe line them up and hold them together some how and pour some liquid 2 part epoxy in there. Maybe the 5 min kind. Won't be perfect but it'll hold together, and maybe sand it down a little. Give it a shot.
I've thought about saving it. I know if I can find a way to fix it then it will be solid. But just that patch, I'm telling you the rest off the grille will eventually crack and break. This think is incredibly weak.

Onebad1983

Resident Country Dumbass
Reaction score
Yea I had plans for it , maybe not meant to have an HD grille lol. I should’ve kept the last one and tried to fix it. The chrome bar broke on that one if you remember but it was a much tougher plastic that this one.
So right now I have a paintable z71 grill

View attachment 217272 View attachment 217273

....that I still need to paint lol
I honestly think that you could make the Z71 grille look better than the HD grille. Paint it, billet inserts and maybe billet bowtie

OP
OP
05Single

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I honestly think that you could make the Z71 grille look better than the HD grille. Paint it, billet inserts and maybe billet bowtie
It would but I'm trying to stay away from looking exactly like @Fosscore lol. I even have the same inserts as him. It's my favorite look but he already got it before I did lol

Onebad1983

Resident Country Dumbass
Reaction score
But I can make it look different , but look just as good. All good, I got some ideas.:secret:
You, my friend, are the exact opposite of me. I could not do this. Side note, do you have any performance mods done to yours?

OP
OP
05Single

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Oh ok, you were completely blacking it out since you're using the led strip in the back window now. That makes more sense haha
Exactamundo

You, my friend, are the exact opposite of me. I could not do this. Side note, do you have any performance mods done to yours?
Negative. Airaid mit tube with drop in k&n filter , that’s it. Low and slow lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TiGrayMSM