04 Alignment after Eibach 2/3 Kit Installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FLHOE

Reaction score
The kit has been on since January and I am still having issues getting the alignment done correctly. This past weekend it seems to be closests but it still does not drive right. Not sure how to explain but it only pulls at certain times and to go straight the wheel needs to be slightly turned to the left. Here are the after numbers for the alignment. Are these in spec??

Left Front Caster 4.37
Left Front Camber .42
Left Front Toe .06
Right Front Caster 4.29
Right Front Camber .15
Righ Front Toe .03
Left Rear Camber -.49
Left Rear Toe .06
Right Rear Camber -.36
Right Rear Toe .08

Other info, the keys are turned all the way which minimized the lowering but was the only way they could get the camber dialed in. Also have shock extenders in the rear with Belltech drop shocks all around.

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You probably need a better shop dial it in, straighten your steering wheel up and get the alignment proper. I don't know the numbers but that's just an educated opinion.

Does it sway or lurch to one side when you go over deeep/quick highway dips?

B

chistoso

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why do you need shock extenders with drop shocks. I thought that was the purpose of drop shocks, to avoid having to run extenders..

OP
OP
F

FLHOE

Reaction score
I was told I needed to use shock extenders with the drop shocks. Could that be why they rear ride is harsh?

chistoso

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Might be over extending the shocks. Shock extenders are designed to work with stock length shocks. Don't know if this is causing it to ride harsh or if it's just the firmness in the springs. Also, does the drop require that you trim the rear bumpstops? Might be riding on them if not trimmed..

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
a 3/5 kit needs the shock extenders even with drop shocks
a 2/3, not so much

your alignment actually looks pretty good but like Boss said try another shop

I have been to Les Schwab and they were only able to pull about 2º out of my camber so I'm still stuck at -2º

from what I read there is no reason ANY shop, even after modifying the suspension shouldn't be able to get your alignment, close if not damn near perfect to spec so just keep trying

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
a 3/5 kit needs the shock extenders even with drop shocks

I'm not too sure on that. The extenders are meant to get the shock at the appopiate shock length to make them function. as supposed. I am sure shock angles may have to do a bit with helping dampening, but not much of any effect on overall ride/shock life.
That being said, all you need is shorter shocks which compress to the correct length, or shock extenders.
Both is overkill, but will make the ride ever so slightly more supple.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k09viper