03 Tahoe driverside front window operation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIGDDADDI

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys my drivers side window will not go down. It' all the way up. I can here the motor when I push the switch to go up but nothing when going down. Tried new regulator and same thing. Is this a switch problem or what. Has anyone else had this problem?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Did you replace the motor with the regulator? Ive replaced them as one unit.
That's what usually needs to be done. Same thing happened to my passenger front window. The cable was frayed, stopping it from going down. Maybe you have the same issue.

OP
OP
BIGDDADDI

BIGDDADDI

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes the new regulator had new motor on it it did the same thing .would bump up but not completely go up and thays with out the window fastened. And went gi down at all. Now with window init it won' go down and the screws won' line up to reinstall.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sounds like the regulator needs to be lined up and fastened in. Otherwise it will probably bind.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds like a bad switch to me.

if you got some wire and a cordless drill battery you can reverse the power at the plug for the window regulator to move it down and back up for alignment.

OP
OP
BIGDDADDI

BIGDDADDI

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
sounds like a bad switch to me.

if you got some wire and a cordless drill battery you can reverse the power at the plug for the window regulator to move it down and back up for alignment.
I will try. Thanx

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
BIGDDADDI

BIGDDADDI

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That's what usually needs to be done. Same thing happened to my passenger front window. The cable was frayed, stopping it from going down. Maybe you have the same issue.
But it does the same thing with new regulator

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk