02Yukon to Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Knope

Knope

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Escalade roof rack received and installed! It's the TWD color, so not an exact match but I'll have them painted later. There is one noticeable scratch that I knew was there when I bought it, but after they were installed it's only noticeable close up.

zd1v0O.jpg
eDuAvB.jpg
Hzl0VZ.jpg

mals

Full Access Member
Reaction score
07+ brake upgrade incoming within the next week or two.
9FeWcY.jpg
Can I ask why you installed new caliper brackets during the 07+ brake upgrade? I'm planning on installing the update on my '05 in the spring. I've read several of the other threads here on the topic, but I've never seen mention of needing to swap out the brackets.

Other than that, how have you liked the upgrade paired with your 20" wheels a few months later?

mals

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not necessary, I just wanted everything to be new since they're not expensive. The upgrade was worthwhile. I'm happy with the performance.

That makes sense. Looking at the part number on the boxes I now see that they are direct replacement for the original NBS brakes, and that the caliper bolt replacements are also the NBS style.

Thanks for the input. I've added the parts to my shopping list since my Yukon has spent it's life in the salty Northeast, and I sure they are just as bad as the rotors.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can I ask why you installed new caliper brackets during the 07+ brake upgrade? I'm planning on installing the update on my '05 in the spring. I've read several of the other threads here on the topic, but I've never seen mention of needing to swap out the brackets.

Other than that, how have you liked the upgrade paired with your 20" wheels a few months later?
Actually you do need the new brackets, since the calipers themselves are different as in bigger. That's how you make the upgrade possible. The bigger brackets allow you to bolt up the bigger calipers. It's mentioned in most if not all of the threads on the subject. The brackets come with the calipers in most cases.