02Yukon to Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Knope

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in the process of starting a few extensive mods on what will soon be my daily driver...2002 SLT Yukon with 213k miles.

For the first post, I'll show the Denali front end conversion. I changed the impact bar and all of the braces and used a bumper grille insert that would allow me to keep the tow hooks. Demolded and, for now, I think I'll keep the badges. I was planning on getting rid of the side ones, but I actually like the look with them still on without molding.

I put some new tail lights on this afternoon too. Small details make big differences!

My goal is to obviously make it look better, but I'm not going for an all out "pimp my ride" look. I really like the Denali look...just a classy, sporty, and all around good looking vehicle.

Completed mods:
1. Front window tint to match the rear and 50% on the windshield (page 1)
2. LED tails (page 1)
3. Install double din with rear camera on license plate (page 2)
4. Air Raid MIT install (page 2)
5. Black Bear Performance Tune
6. Plasti-Dip front emblem white (page 3)
7. OEM Replica 20s (page 3)
8. 2/3 drop with spindles (page 4 - spindles off as of 11/16/16)
9. Color Matched Rear Appliques (pages 6-7)
10. Plasti-Dip chrome on rear bumper (page 7)
11. Borla Pro XS Mulffer & Borla tip (page 9)
12. 07+ Brake Upgrade (page 10 - just pics of parts)
13. New front leather seats (page 11)
14. Halo headlights installed (page 13)
15. Front bumper lip (page 13)
16. Esky rack installed (page 15)
17. Interior LED conversion

Pending mods:
1. Denali Instrument cluster w/ trans temp gauge
2. Add trans cooler
3. Denali rear bumper and side molding
4. Fresh paint on sides when molding installed

Last edited:
OP
OP
Knope

Knope

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3G5ZYB.jpg

gj4see.jpg

7H1So1.jpg
8EvcPD.jpg
ykNjDX.jpg
XXsp9D.jpg
0Hae7F.jpg
fVkfFM.jpg

Well this is the end of day 1. I hope to have quite a few more pics (and better angles) by the end of next week. Stay tuned!

brian.roberts.1293

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really like your tail lights. What kind are they and where from?

04 green Z71 Suburban lightly modding it and eying all the tips on this site

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in the process of starting a few extensive mods on what will soon be my daily driver...2002 SLT Yukon with 213k miles.

For the first post, I'll show the Denali front end conversion. I changed the impact bar and all of the braces and used a bumper grille insert that would allow me to keep the tow hooks. Demolded and, for now, I think I'll keep the badges. I was planning on getting rid of the side ones, but I actually like the look with them still on without molding.

I put some new tail lights on this afternoon too. Small details make big differences!

My goal is to obviously make it look better, but I'm not going for an all out "pimp my ride" look. I really like the Denali look...just a classy, sexy, sporty- good all around looking vehicle.

Future mods:
1. Front window tint to match the rear and 50% on the windshield
2. Install double din with rear camera on license plate
3. Upgrade stock sub to something better that will fit in the stock housing
4. New front leather seats
5. 2/3 drop with spindles
6. 22s. Originally thought 20, but after seeing you guys rides I've gotta go bigger haha
7. Denali rear bumper and side molding
Gotta clean them headlights sir

OP
OP
Knope

Knope

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotta clean them headlights sir

I'll definitely clean them. That was literally the first time I'd seen the vehicle in about a month haha. I've had to get a lot of work done to make it a reliable DD. New steering gear box and pump, new fuel pump, and new A/C were done before getting the front end conversion and having the roof, hood, and bumper painted.

OP
OP
Knope

Knope

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the truck back today with the windows tinted. 50% on the front and color matched the front 2 with the rest. I just took this picture as the sun was going down, so it looks as dark as my Envoy with 35% on the windshield. It has been overcast all day, so it'll be lighter if the sun ever decides to come out.

From here on out, it'll be the DD. I'll have a 7" double din with reverse camera installed by next week.

IMAG0166.jpg

IMAG0169.jpg

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Front end end looks good, the die looks like its missing something... Hmmm
* side not die

Last edited:
OP
OP
Knope

Knope